Pearl’s 930s Hardware

actionjcl

Reaction score
I’ve always been a fan of the Ludwig Hercules snare stand and 12 years ago I ended up picking one with the kitchen style feet up at the PA Show. It’s a great stand, but I’ve never been able to find a hi hat or cymbal stand I’ve liked as much as the Hercules snare stand. I’ve always just used whatever was on hand. I recently acquired a vintage Rogers swivo-matic cymbal stand that I like a lot, but don’t want to take it out all the time. I’ve recently came across Pearl’s 930s stands and they sound like what I’ve been looking for (lighter weight but not too light with more modern features like uni-lock tilter, die-cast insulated pipe joints and trident-style legs) I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with the 930s stands and if so, what are your thoughts on them.

Redbeard77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've used Pearl hardware for decades, specifically the 800/900 or whatever they were calling the equivalent to the current 930 series. It's a great bang for the buck and is bulletproof. I've dabbled with some of the 1000 or 2000 series stuff but found it to be overbuilt for my needs.

pjmariner

Reaction score
I have the 930 snare stand. Just under $100, rock solid tilter, air suspension snare basket. I love it.

actionjcl

Reaction score
I've used Pearl hardware for decades, specifically the 800/900 or whatever they were calling the equivalent to the current 930 series. It's a great bang for the buck and is bulletproof. I've dabbled with some of the 1000 or 2000 series stuff but found it to be overbuilt for my needs.
The 930s series that was introduced at NAMM 2020 is the best of both worlds. It’s lighter weight hardware that is quite sturdier than the flat based hardware out there, so you can use it in more demanding gigs. Also, it has all the features you need, like the trident leg system (which is similar to what Ludwig introduced in the 70’s with their Hercules stands that has finally made a comeback starting with the Atlas Pro and Classic in 2012) and the gearless Uni-Lock tilter.

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have the 900 series hardware. Have used since about 2014 and has been on quite a few gigs. Rock solid! Use it every weekend, although it is not light.

actionjcl

Reaction score
I have the 900 series hardware. Have used since about 2014 and has been on quite a few gigs. Rock solid! Use it every weekend, although it is not light.
Do you have the 930 or the older 900 series? I heard that the single braced 930s stands are lighter weight than the double braces 930 stands yet still very sturdy and strong.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have two 930 snare stands, bought the second one because I like them a lot. Sturdy, easy to manage.

930 booms and straights and hats also. They're fine but bulky and heavy, I wouldn't lug them around.

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've preferred Pearl hardware for a very long time, but have absolutely no idea what all these numbers are. I just bought the hardware that looked well made and didn't cost a fortune. Mostly late 90s-early 2000s. There was a rough patch a decade or so ago where I wasn't excited about the quality of their hardware, but it seems like they might have gotten past that bad period. I will say that even when everything else was great, the unilocks were the weak link and would give out over time so I started going with gear tilt stuff because I really hate replacing hardware.

actionjcl

Reaction score
I have two 930 snare stands, bought the second one because I like them a lot. Sturdy, easy to manage.

930 booms and straights and hats also. They're fine but bulky and heavy, I wouldn't lug them around.
That’s odd considering they have the 1030 series above that, as well as, 1050 and 2050 hi hats. The single braced 930s is suppose to be lighter than their double braced counterparts. I wonder just what the weight of the single braced are as they don’t have that listed on their site. I wonder if their like the old single braced Ludwig Classic stands from the 90’s. They were lighter weight than the double braced Modular stands, but still very sturdy and strong.

pjmariner

Reaction score
That’s odd considering they have the 1030 series above that, as well as, 1050 and 2050 hi hats. The single braced 930s is suppose to be lighter than their double braced counterparts. I wonder just what the weight of the single braced are as they don’t have that listed on their site. I wonder if their like the old single braced Ludwig Classic stands from the 90’s. They were lighter weight than the double braced Modular stands, but still very sturdy and strong.
The pearl 930 hardware is all double braces as far as I know. Not super heavy, But not light weight either.

actionjcl

Reaction score
The pearl 930 hardware is all double braces as far as I know. Not super heavy, But not light weight either.
They came out with the single braced 930s series and companion single braced 1030s, along with a double braced version, at NAMM 2020.

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you have the 930 or the older 900 series? I heard that the single braced 930s stands are lighter weight than the double braces 930 stands yet still very sturdy and strong.
I have the older series. It’s pretty heavy stuff.

gonzo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I recently acquired the 930 series pedal and frankly it feels the best I have played! Very smooth and responsive