Pearl 75th Anniversary

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sensitones just went back to the old Bridge lugs? I mean I always liked those better, but wow at the redundancy?

Marc M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am not sure how many they will sell either.Maybe they think they will appeal to the vintage/MIJ C and C Player Date people?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
''their "founding" sound..indeed..

just think Tommy James and the Shondells all over again,
I think they're playing in that bar in Greensburg tonight Go and see..
Pearl script badge a rip from Rogers or what

Last edited:

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I stand corrected, but I don't get it. There are a lot of top shelf drums to be had for the same money.
Agreed. I was hoping for something like the Wood-Fiberglass reissue, which were around $1k for a 3-piece kit and offered more than a single finish/configuration.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm underwhelmed.
I like the hardware and snares though. No new finishes for any line and, I was hopping for a full finish BD hoop on the sessions.

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder if the lauan is better quality now, or has it gone drastically the other way?

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of my first kit. I think the phenolic shell which is offered only in 22/16/13 is the peach here. The deluxe is just a 60’s pearl lauan reissue kit.

how much are these?

gutenberg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting that they went with the script badge rather than the original block President badge

gutenberg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This reminds me of my first kit. I think the phenolic shell which is offered only in 22/16/13 is the peach here. The deluxe is just a 60’s pearl lauan reissue kit.

how much are these?
Phenolics are $3500 street price, Lauan 3-pc. shell pack is $1500 street price

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Now as far as flutes go, you can do worse than a Pearl flute. My sister bought one on her second to last trip to Japan.

Pearl makes many great instruments, but their early drums were just kinda okay, and for that money, I want something that knocks my socks off like their MLX or something like that.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Now as far as flutes go, you can do worse than a Pearl flute. My sister bought one on her second to last trip to Japan.

Pearl makes many great instruments, but their early drums were just kinda okay, and for that money, I want something that knocks my socks off like their MLX or something like that.
AFAIK, Pearl Drum Corp and Pearl Flutes are separate, unrelated companies.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
AFAIK, Pearl Drum Corp and Pearl Flutes are separate, unrelated companies.
They may very well be. I may have hallucinated that they used the same logo. Kinda like Graf skates- North America gets Canadian Graf and Europe gets Swiss Graf skates (I like the Swiss much better).

gutenberg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Duoluxe snare idea is kinda cool though with the white marine inlays
Street price of $600 though.

167565441_279049067131141_4576046171368155672_n.jpeg

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not offer reissues of the MLX and BLX lines.....Standard sizing, do a bop kit as well. Low mass lugs this time....but the same 6 ply, 7.5mm shells with the high gloss finish interiors - so many live performances and so many iconic recordings were made with these....

Neilrush88

Reaction score
So my desire didnt come true, only I wanted a better aesthetic aux-hi hat holder with real clutch (Gyrolock too) or a tube aux-hihat like a vintage Tama.
Also I was interested whether Pearl could release a new line hardware, curved booms seem to work like a all-hardware curved in a set IMO.
The matt halpern signature snare looks awesome, but 1.5 mm brass shell with diecast hoop its some type of redundant or very generic in the market for me.

Quai34

Reaction score
If I want one snare from them, it would be a bronze one but which one? Sensitone or free floater? And why?