Pearl Announcement at NAMM

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice looking drums. I wonder if DCP will buy the whole lot like they did last year with the Masterworks snares. When I saw this my first thought was "who is making the shells?" I also saw Pearl has added their Maple/Gum option to their Music City Customs as well.

boomtat2.0

Reaction score
anyone else notice that the American flag at the video intro has 48 stars (you can tell because of the way the stars line up)...a 50 star flag has the star rows staggered....

SpinaDude

Reaction score
Still no price point on those snares...ans no new info really, but still, here it is.

Don't all these companies just steal from each other then tweak?

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Why would any drum company partner with another one? Drums are only slightly more complicated than woodblocks.

markkarj

Reaction score
anyone else notice that the American flag at the video intro has 48 stars (you can tell because of the way the stars line up)...a 50 star flag has the star rows staggered....
To quote Abe Simpson: "I'll be deep in the cold cold ground before I recognize Missourah!"

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Why would any drum company partner with another one? Drums are only slightly more complicated than woodblocks.
Check out the Noble & Cooley/Ludwig, Dunnett/Ludwig snares. Although Keller isn't a drum manufacturer per se, Pearl has sourced shells from Keller in the past. For a limited run of steam bent solid shells, it could make sense for Pearl to buy the shells from another manufacturer.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Check out the Noble & Cooley/Ludwig, Dunnett/Ludwig snares. Although Keller isn't a drum manufacturer per se, Pearl has sourced shells from Keller in the past. For a limited run of steam bent solid shells, it could make sense for Pearl to buy the shells from another manufacturer.
But buying from a supplier isn't exactly a partnership.

SpinaDude

Reaction score
I thought these would be a little more priced to move...Looks like I was wrong -- WAY wrong.

Drum Center of Portsmouth had them up from between $900-$1000.

I figured they would be between $600-$700. WTF Pearl? It seems like they have the smallest of market shares for a big company. Am I wrong about that? I mean I see hardly any Pearl equipment in the drum shops I've visited, and I hear very little positive about them. Am I just way off on that?

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I thought these would be a little more priced to move...Looks like I was wrong -- WAY wrong.

Drum Center of Portsmouth had them up from between $900-$1000.

I figured they would be between $600-$700. WTF Pearl? It seems like they have the smallest of market shares for a big company. Am I wrong about that? I mean I see hardly any Pearl equipment in the drum shops I've visited, and I hear very little positive about them. Am I just way off on that?
You are wrong.

SpinaDude

Reaction score
You are wrong.
You're in Levittown, right near Jersey? Do you know any shops that have a good Pearl selection in the NJ/NY/PA area that have a good Pearl selection? I'd love to try out some of their snares -- particularly the 15" Sensitone Mahogany.

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You're in Levittown, right near Jersey? Do you know any shops that have a good Pearl selection in the NJ/NY/PA area that have a good Pearl selection? I'd love to try out some of their snares -- particularly the 15" Sensitone Mahogany.
I haven't been to a shop that has a good selection of anything in years. I even ordered sticks online because the selection at the Langhorne GC is so bad. I haven't really gone out of my way to go to a good drum shop though.

Looking at online retailers, DCP has 557 Pearl kits for sale. That's more than Gretsch, DW, Yamaha and Tama combined. Sweetwater had 142 Pearl kits, which is about equal to DW and Yamaha combined. Guitar center has more Pearl kits than any other brand.

Latest posts