header.nohb.html

Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare Value

DWSlingerland45

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a Pearl Chad Smith snare black buckle over steel shell in mint shape for approx 150.00. It's not for me it's to upgrade the crappy snare on my friends daughters kit. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what these went for new ? $299? I just don't want to have him pay too much for it. Thanks!

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Sold" listings show that snare selling for under 120 plus shipping. There are a ton of them out there.
That being said, for a nice condition one in person, 150 is a fair deal.
I used to play one of those in a rehearsal studio and it sounded great.

Tornado

DFO Star
Reaction score
These were intended to be good drums at an entry level price point. Don't think I'd pay over $100 for it personally.

Gunnellett

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have one and really like it. It is weighty and and the thicker hoops are nice. The black chrome look is nice and will look good with about any set. The throw off is smooth. What I like best is it is not ringy with overtones like a lot of less expensive steel snares can be. The snare is fairly sensitive yet can rock it. Mine came with a Rogers XP-8 set which is the only reason I have it as I would not have been looking for a steel snare. I originally thought about selling it to offset the cost of the Rogers set but couldn't. If you can snag one for 125 bucks, go for it.

DWSlingerland45

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have one and really like it. It is weighty and and the thicker hoops are nice. The black chrome look is nice and will look good with about any set. The throw off is smooth. What I like best is it is not ringy with overtones like a lot of less expensive steel snares can be. The snare is fairly sensitive yet can rock it. Mine came with a Rogers XP-8 set which is the only reason I have it as I would not have been looking for a steel snare. I originally thought about selling it to offset the cost of the Rogers set but couldn't. If you can snag one for 125 bucks, go for it.
I did! Last evening I met up with the seller and picked this up. It's in amazing shape. I'll get some before and after pictures and post them when it's all done.

unregisteredalien

Reaction score
Chiming in late. I've had one for twenty-something years. Bought it when young and impressionable and it served me well for years as my only metal snare. Then I neglected it for a few years and it got rusty and out of round, probably due to humid climes and sloppy removalists. Last year I pulled it out and gave it an overhaul and thorough cleaning just for the hell of it. Wasn't expecting much but was shocked at how well it played and how good it sounded after that. I keep coming back to it - it's worth far more to me than what it'd sell for. Unfashionable as heck but I'm a fan!

Last edited:

DWSlingerland45

DFO Master
Reaction score
Chiming in late. I've had one for twenty-something years. Bought it when young and impressionable and it served me well for years as my only metal snare. Then I neglected it for a few years and it got rusty and out of round, probably due to humid climes and sloppy removalists. Last year I pulled it out and gave it an overhaul and thorough cleaning just for the hell of it. Wasn't expecting much but was shocked at how well it played and how good it sounded after that. I keep coming back to it - it's worth far more to me than what it'd sell for. Unfashionable as heck but I'm a fan!

I'm hoping this will serve my friend's daughter well. They purchased a PDP or similar entry level kit ( used) for her to learn on. I went through the kit for them , cleaned, greased , new heads etc .. and explained that the snare was the weakest point of that particular kit. It's been back in my hands once or twice for some tweaking and replacement wires ( she got them caught on the ears of a stand at school and broke them) I feel this price point is reasonable for her folks and I'm glad to see the positive comments here as I have no experience with this model. Now that it's in my house I can see it's probably a sleeper and it should last her quite some time .... If I can steal her away from softball and karate I might be able to have her help w the clean up so she can learn this stuff for herself. A tall order I'm sure lol.