Pearl drums in denim finish

lanebune

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Obviously a pretty rare finish, but any ideas how rare. I know Slingerland had a denim finished drum set, but I haven't heard of one from Pearl until now. I may have one on the line, but I really don't need another drum set.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
There's one on Reverb now. I don't buy that it's a factory wrap. Slingy's was barely tolerable (and I am a big Slingy fan!)........I'd pass it like a hot potato.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I recently had a "denim" matching throne for that kit from the early 1980's. Very uncomfortable. Sold it for around $10. Denim is a rare finish....and probably in very low demand. Imagine keeping it clean? Do you wash the wrap and then dry it in the sun?

Fullerton 9/72

Reaction score
The Slingerland denim drums were beautiful, especially when new and in a dark shade. They scream: "It's the 1970's!" Those dirty Pearl Reverb denims, however, look like they were made from homeless people's bluejeans.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey, at least they aren't bleached jeans or the disturbing recent trend of ripped but new! Basic kits are wrapped in Levis, but fancy shmancy kits have designer brands!