Pearl lock problem

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm having problems getting the tongue on the Pearl memory lock on my tom post to fit into the groove into the bass drum tom receiver mount (BB-3, BB-300). When I put the lock into the bass drum mount by itself, no problem - it fits snug and flush. But when I put it on the 7/8" tom pipe and insert it into the bass drum mount, the tongue cannot reach all the way into the groove and won't seat. Although the lock still provides vertical height stability, it will not prevent the tom pipe from rotating. Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a solution?

Tommy D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You need to have the clamp in the bass mount a bit more open than you have it. Then slide the pipe in, then tighten the bass mount.

I have this problem with my tom mounts. Setting up the kit took a little bit of trial and error, then I realized I needed to set it up normally, then put the memory locks in place one at a time carefully loosening things while holding them in place, slide the memory lock in, tighten everything down and repeat.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
At one time the "tongues" were different sizes on the different sides of the lock. Don't know why.
Try turning the lock over so the other tongue goes in. Should work.

Seb77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You need to have the clamp in the bass mount a bit more open than you have it. Then slide the pipe in, then tighten the bass mount.

I have this problem with my tom mounts. Setting up the kit took a little bit of trial and error, then I realized I needed to set it up normally, then put the memory locks in place one at a time carefully loosening things while holding them in place, slide the memory lock in, tighten everything down and repeat.
To get the clamp into position right away, at the right height, you can put it on the tube loosely, then insert the tube into the holding mount (open) and adjust the height/angle with the clamp in place. The holding clamp indeed needs to be open quite a bit, could be because of the plastic insert.

Latest posts