Pearl Optimount On Bass Drum...?

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes, although the spacing between the lugs can be too wide. I bought one to try on a Ludwig Jazzette, but that was the problem.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
I riveted extensions onto the existing wings . Worked OK .

TheMattJones88

Reaction score
Why not try a Ludwig Atlas Mount for the cymbal and Atlas Rail for the Tom? They'll probably work better / look better because they're made for it.

skelt101

Reaction score
Why not try a Ludwig Atlas Mount for the cymbal and Atlas Rail for the Tom? They'll probably work better / look better because they're made for it.
Normally, I would agree. However, my drums are Club Dates with center-mount Imperial lugs. I don't think the Atlas hardware would work in this case.

Tommy D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A 22" with 10 lugs should work, but you will probably have to set the optimount on the floor and step a little on it to bend the arms out just a touch. It shouldn't need much.

A 20" with 8 lugs won't work, but a 20 with 10 lugs should work without any modifications/bending.

My plan is to do this with the kit I'm building.

skelt101

Reaction score
A 22" with 10 lugs should work, but you will probably have to set the optimount on the floor and step a little on it to bend the arms out just a touch. It shouldn't need much.

A 20" with 8 lugs won't work, but a 20 with 10 lugs should work without any modifications/bending.

My plan is to do this with the kit I'm building.
Being that my bass drum is a Club Date, it has the long tension rods. I'm hoping there's enough wiggle room at the hoop end that the modification won't be necessary. We'll see!

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
A new take on the old Darwin sliding tom mount. Cool idea.

skelt101

Reaction score
Honestly, that looks way better than I expected. Nice work!
Thank you, sir! I'm very happy with it visually as well! The (aluminum) unit is actually pretty light, too (for what it is). I don't know how it would compare to the (steel) black version that cribbon posted. Installation was about as easy as it gets. No real modifications necessary. I simply extended the Optimount bars as far as they would go, and pushed the rubber grommets out as far as they would go. Went right in. No muss, no fuss. Perhaps Ludwig should consider something similar for it's Club Date customers... ;)

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well done .. don't you love it when an idea works out ?

The icing on the cake will be when those t-rods flex a bit from the various impacts - you'll get a bit of " da-oom" happening , even with a pillow inside .