Pearl Sensitone Steel Elite 6.5x14

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I got this thing in mint condition a few years ago in a trade. I was wary at first as I had had some bad experiences with Pearl. But man, was I surprised! What a beautiful, quality instrument. I planned to flip it, but ended up loving it for a while.
A real work horse. It will do anything you ask it to and it does them all well. I love to tune it up tight for an articulate crack but it also does the whole super low slacky, swampy thing extremely well. That was my favorite way to tune it. These are affordable, do-everything drums that you don't have to be afraid to take somewhere sketchy, but still sound so good. This is, without a doubt, the best steel drum I have ever put sticks to.

It's a 6.5x14 and everything is in perfect working order. It has a couple small scratches that I tried to capture with a picture, but not sure if they are visible. They aren't deep and are barely visible to the naked eye, and I'm sure they would buff out. There is also a tiny bit of tape residue on the hoops, but I'm out of goo-gone.
There is a tiny amount of pitting but that would easily polish out if one we're to break the drum down and go to town. But I'll leave that to you!
All-in-all, this is a really fine drum and will be your next work horse, if you choose to adopt her.
It will be ready to play out of the box and comes with a remo snare side head and an attack "1 Ply Medium" that sounds really good on this drum.

She can be yours for a $175 rehoming fee!
I pack well and ship from Michigan.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line!

Attachments

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yep, I am with you D.B., I really think the Sensitone line is the unsung work horse of the snare drum world! I have always thought they punched WAY above their weight class. Good luck with the sale, that is a great looking drum and the price is a bargain!

Last edited:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yep, I am with you D.B., I really think the Sensitone line is the unsung work horse of thew snare drum world! I have always through they punched WAY above their weight class. Good luck with the sale, that is a great looking drum and the price is a bargain!
Thanks man. I really appreciate the endorsement!

Latest posts