Pearl Session Series

Dean holmes

Reaction score
I have a Pearl Session series kit I purchased new in the early 90's. It's got a Teal lacquer finish. I've been scouring the internet for add on toms for this kit without success. I found an old post on the forum about this Particular Pearl model which was helpful and informative but dated. Any suggestions for how I might find some pieces for this model?

tris66

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Pearl drummers forum might be the best place to answer your question.
Being specific on what size toms you are looking for would probably help. "Add on toms" ... 6" 8" 10"?! Do you know that they actually made the sizes you are looking for in the year/finish you are looking for?

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Session series specifications changed quite often, I 'm not sure how many times, and how mayn units were produced of each incarnation. The Pearl forum should provide most comprehensive info, maybe you can find what you're looking for there.

Dean holmes

Reaction score
Thank you tris66 and Seb77 for your replies and advice. I will check with the Pearl Forum. Much appreciated

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I do see Session drums pop up on eBay and Reverb, and often for not too much money(got a 6.5x14 wooden snare for $62!)
I like the early version with the Pearl logo in a black circle. Keep your eyes open.

Dan

Big Beat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I find that for some reason, Session series orphans are much harder to find than many other models. The ones that do show up are usually from the end of the run with different badges, and you can never find the color you need. After ten years or so, I gave up trying to find a matching floor tom for my Session set and am using a converted Tama power tom instead. If anyone has a Pearl Session 14" FT in Piano Black lacquer, let me know.

Latest posts