People still selling (and buying) gear?

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
One of my better months actually. In the last month:

SELL
8+ pieces of Roland drum and cymbal pads.
Rogers Delta 4 piece set in Silver Sparkle
Sonor 3 piece teardrop set Ruby Pearl
Difference pieces of hardware shipped to several buyers

BUY
Black Rogers XP8 10-12-16-22
Several pieces of Sonor hardware for the teardrop set I sold
Custom built snare I am still trying identify builder

patrickwitherow

Reaction score
I've sold a DW 13x7 Edge snare and a DW 9000 series rack.
I bought a 1968 Blue Sparkle Super Classic kit off Reverb - my first Ludwig kit. Love it!
Contemplating maybe selling one of my Brady's...maybe.

c.wulf

Reaction score
My little community of drum buddies has been pretty aggressive in buying, selling and especially trading. I’ve personally traded 2 high end snares and 2 drum sets in return for 2 different drum sets. Also traded a full set of cymbals for a different set
of cymbals. This all happened in April and May. Have a little recording rig on the way so I can work remotely.
Oh yeah! ;)

mewing

Reaction score
I've sold and bought a ton of gear during the last two months. Not much luck on this site (buying or selling...mostly tire kickers), but almost all sales have been in-person. I used it as an opportunity to upgrade. People that have stayed in were apparently wanting something to do. They couldn't go to stores, so they came to my house!

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
May be buying a student kit from ebay for kid.
I have no problem buying from eBay. In fact, they definitely look after their buyers. I just won't sell through them. Their "bite" is way too high and they will throw their sellers under the bus if a buyer raises any issues no matter how ridiculous.

Paintcans

Reaction score
I just picked up a Rogers XP8 Kit in very good shape plus new Ahead bags for $450. So. hell yeah, I bought’em. It freed up my Pearl Wood fiberglass kit from the studio. Getting ready for a gig on Monday with my Petty band and will use the Pearls. Why not? Ferrone used to use them with Petty.
Curious about your Petty gig. In a club? Or outside where social distancing would be less of a hassle? Yours is the first I've heard of any musicians playing actual performances. I miss my gigs badly... Nothing wrong with Pearl Drums. My favorite kits are the Masters MCX. I'll play those before my high end Sonor kits. There's just something about that 6 ply maple.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm going back to work tomorrow at my part time job. Since that is where my fun money/gear fund comes from, drum shops everywhere should be happy. ;) :D ;) :D

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Road trip today to Ventura. I was going to pick up a Yamaha DTX Kit I bought here and it just so happens my Pearl kit sold so I’m dropping them off at the same parking lot to the buyer. So, yeah, people are selling and buying.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No more drum purchases for me for probably quite a while, until I get back to work - all my income for the next year (at least) has basically disappeared. Transitioning into doing more recording recording (previously about 95% of my income was from playing live with people) and video editing, so I've purchased some mics, a solid interface, etc, but sadly all non-strictly-necessary drum purchases are probably on hold for the next year or two. I have more than enough drums and cymbals to get me through, so will probably be trying to sell some gear in the coming months as my bank account keeps edging lower and lower.... :unsure:

drumsforme

Reaction score
Selling lots of hardware- 3 Hi hat Stands, a few kick pedals, 4-Cymbal stands, 2- snare stands, Floor Tom Kick Cradle, a couple of cymbals...no snares. I have 2 kits for sale a 2015 Gretsch Renown and 2001 DW Workshop series- no bites...a few snares- no bites....... Bought a kit during the pandemic that I wouldn't normally buy- a Vintage 1983 Tama Imperialstar in great sizes 8x12, 9x13, 16x16 and 14x22" which sound surprisingly good and got a great deal on it......the guy was out of work. We helped each other out.

Latest posts