Percussion Items

little rock

Reaction score
What "percussion Items" do you usually include on your set other than drums and cymbals? I always had a bell for Honky Tonk Women and the blue LP Jam Block for whatever..

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I use a Grove Wedge for cross stick. Thinking of adding a block and cow bell if I can figure out where I want to put it. LOL I also have a water cup holder and adding a stick pallet this year to hold a pair of brushes and an extra pair of sticks for quick changes. Maybe a key chain for sizzles if/when needed.

sherm

Patrick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Agogo bell's mounted on the hi hat stand. (Easier position for me than regular hoop mounted cowbell holder. ) I always have a shaker and tambourine in my gig bag. Other stuff (triangles, bongos,etc.) comes and goes as needed.

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great Thread...after taking some lessons during Covid and knowing one of my bands is going to do a 90 min set at the singers son's wedding (I can' believe a bride agreed to this) I've added a cowbell and timbale to the left of the hats. I also use an 8" LP timbale/snare between the hats and tom. Sometimes I put this ring-jingle thing on the hats (Kelplinger?). For my other original band I'm considering putting a 10" FG Toca DJembe that I put a tom mount on...where the timbale is.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a cowbell and I'm looking to get a wood block at some point.

Tambourine on the hats sometimes.

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fly a red jam block off the hi-hat, cowbell at 12 o'clock on the kick. Other stuff (icebell, agogo bells, compact conga, trash can, etc) added as/when needed.

Block-Wedge02.jpg

IMG_9479.JPG

blikum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
On all my kits I have the Rhythm Tech DST tambourine incorporated into my setup. I've been doing that since I first saw Steve Jordan do it on Letterman, and that was before they were making them to be mounted. You had to get creative with a knife and a multiclamp.

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I took two mini maracas and zip-tied them to make a simple shaker I can hold along with a stick.

View attachment 503527
I did exactly....well rubber bands....this a number of years ago backing a singer......
Luckily she had a good sense of humour as this method can look a little suggestive.....
....hint....imagine the stick between the shakers.....
bt

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ching ring for the hats, or wherever else you can imagine. Essential! I use the Meinl Luis Conte black shakers too. Shakers in place of the hats is a great alternative sound.

little rock

Reaction score
I want one of those metal things the guy makes that are flat, all the welds are visible and some of them have springs on top. Cant recall the maker.

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I carry a set of Meinl Ajuch Bells, Meinl Ching Ring, Meinl Wood Waterfall. If it’s a really experimental gig, I’ll bring out my Meinl Gong on the rack, Sabian Radia Bell, 2 sets of Treeworks Wind chimes, tuned Kyeezee, Remo Ocean Drum, rattller and Meinl shakers.