Percussion Items

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Great Thread...after taking some lessons during Covid and knowing one of my bands is going to do a 90 min set at the singers son's wedding (I can' believe a bride agreed to this) I've added a cowbell and timbale to the left of the hats. I also use an 8" LP timbale/snare between the hats and tom. Sometimes I put this ring-jingle thing on the hats (Kelplinger?). For my other original band I'm considering putting a 10" FG Toca DJembe that I put a tom mount on...where the timbale is.
OH yes the Kelplinger ring; I forgot to add that to my list above.

sherm

multijd

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like the Dragonfly Beaters? I’m thinking about the canvas one.
They are outstanding. I’ve used the canvas the most and it sounds wonderful on my 70’s 3ply slingerland 18 with kangaroo batter head. The softer one is great too. Beautiful sound for quieter rooms but still articulate. The leather I’ve yet to use. I know the time will come but not yet. That’s what I really like about them. They provide a range of sound possibilities that make bass drum pedal beater choice as nuanced as other percussion mallet selection.

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Depends on the gig. Most gigs: none; Rush tribute gig: holy hell... Last time it was two mark trees, 9 cowbells/agogos, three concert wood blocks, a temple block, a crotale, and a Deagan 1580 glockenspiel retuned by the guy who made them (Deagan's apprentice) in the factory of their birth. That's a brutal load in/out.
Sometimes if I see Crazy Train on a setlist I bring a vibraslap.

mathale

Reaction score
My Engelhart Rack-6 is fun for when I get all latiny.
My ‘80s 4-Bell Special Effect bell set is pretty nifty, too.

Pete Engelhart metal percussion can be a lot of fun.

343DE5B4-AE30-4965-8E2B-24301BC3BB67.jpeg