Phenominal Last Albums

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm putting my money where my mouth is.
The real Soundgarden left us in the 90's with bang, not a whimper. Zero Chance is one of the best songs ever produced. That release a few years ago is an anomoly so I dont even count it.

DOTUS.jpg

dje31

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Clockwork Angels by Rush. It is their masterpiece, and The Garden (the album's last song) puts a huge cumulative period at the end of a very long, very impressive sentence.
No doubt about The Garden...just a phenomenal album closer, and career closer.

The exception / clunker / stinker on the album was Wish Them Well...blech. It's like Coundown (Signals) or HYF's Tai Shan. < Retch > Never, EVER have to hear those again.

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Queen - Innuendo
Freddie's performance is remarkable. He truly gave it his all, knowing he was dying.
As he said, The Show Must Go On

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Clockwork Angels by Rush. It is their masterpiece, and The Garden (the album's last song) puts a huge cumulative period at the end of a very long, very impressive sentence.
And yet for me, it's one of my least favorite albums of theirs. It's the only one I don't own as well. I also skipped the last tour based on that album. I've seen them at least 20 times though.

Wxmaggot

Reaction score
For me, It's Southern Blood by Gregg Allman. Yes, all but one song is a cover, but his health and time didn't allow for long writing sessions. Listening to this album and realizing he's saying goodbye, as he is dying, is amazing and incredibly moving. It's not depressing as these songs are full of life. If you haven't heard it, give it a try. Here's the story from Rolling Stone: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/inside-gregg-allmans-musical-farewell-195069/