Phil Collins - No Jacket Required Tour 1985

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Watched a documentary last night on Face Value. The album still holds up IMO - some seriously great songs. So I'm listening to the 2016 remaster and they have this version of Behind the Lines on it.

Holy COW - Leland and Chester are KILLING IT on this version and the band is so tight.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
I saw him on the “Hello, I must be going” tour before the one above. One of the best concerts I’ve ever seen.

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Huge Phil fan, and hadn't seen this.

Chester's ghost note fill at 1:04 made me do a spit take. What a band...

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched a documentary last night on Face Value. The album still holds up IMO - some seriously great songs. So I'm listening to the 2016 remaster and they have this version of Behind the Lines on it.

Holy COW - Leland and Chester are KILLING IT on this version and the band is so tight.

I haven’t heard that song in YEARS. Thank you for posting that

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Genesis were one of the best live bands I have EVER seen. Love Phil, Chester, Darryl, et. al.

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw them on Hello I Must Be Going and No Jacket Required tours. Both were fantastic. I got to watch the sound check and meet Chester as a kid and that was one of the coolest things ever.

langmick

Reaction score
Chester was doing clinics around then, caught him at DRUMS in Crafton PA. He spent a LONG time trying to get the tuning right on a 12 rack tom...

But once that was squared away, mind blown. He was playing a 21" 602 blue label ride, the bell was amazing.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still kicking myself for never seeing him live. He was such a force. Remains one of my all-time faves.