Phil Rudds 1970's Ziljans

MetalDoucheRuddfan1223

Reaction score
Rudd Did Use Ziljan and probally Other Cymbals in the 70's there are some very early pics of rudd having a Pastie giant beat during the 76 Tour

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
This Phil Rudd? --->

Jackal Jack

Reaction score
He had a 19" A Zildjian rock crash (no logo, was very clean but an older model) for sale here in NZ about 10 years ago. The asking price was the same as anyone would ask for an older zildjian crash, i.e. a fair price. Because of it's provenance it would have been worth alot more, but good on him!!

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Rudd Did Use Ziljan and probally Other Cymbals in the 70's there are some very early pics of rudd having a Pastie giant beat during the 76 Tour
I never knew Phil used Zildjians in the early years. I always thought he used Paiste. I looked it up and he didn't become a Paiste endorser until 1980.

Thanks for the info!

Ludwig26

Reaction score
He ONLY used Zildjian on the "Let There Be Rock Live in Paris" movie,
Both in the studio&live it's always Paistes also he NEVER EVER played/used Rogers drums his snare drum was a Slingerland 14x5" steel &then a Gretsch 4160 COB 14x5" with CS Black dot clear head ontop.

Ludwig26

Reaction score
Correction: PR DID indeed play/use Zildjians on the official video clip for: " Let me put my love into you ",
You can clearly see the logos now whether or not they're rentals or he actually endorsed them?,
Sonor in europe were official Zildjian importers&distributors,
&Came as part of his Sonor endorsement,
They're "A" Zildjians&in the heavier weights as to what he played/used.

Latest posts