Photos of my all original 1976 Slingerland "New Rock Outfit".

Too Many Drums - NAH!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've posted photos of many of my kits in the past two weeks. Since I enjoy all kinds of vintage drums, you know I have to have a Slingerland kit in my collection. Well, here it is.

It's a 1976 Model #50N - also called the "New Rock Outfit". Sizes are 22/12/13/16 w/5x14 COB "Sound King" snare. The factory-applied White Marine Pearl still looks vibrant after the Novus treatment I gave them. The chrome hardware on each drum is nearly flawless. The chrome on the snare is also very nice. The kit came to me with various heads, some being original, although quite worn.

On eBay, someone had a new take-off set of the correct heads (I think) for all the drums except the snare. The kit was purchased without a snare drum or any of the hardware. The hardware was pretty easy to round up. The snare was tough to find because I wanted it to be close to the other drums' serial numbers. A pro drum shop in Denver had one. Unfortunately, the original heads and snares were MIA. The drum cleaned up beautifully and now has Remo heads and PureSound snare wires.

As you can imagine, these drums sound very warm and resonant. They cleaned up nicely and look and sound great with the original skins. The SK snare is very bright and articulate and has a very defined crack. It's a wonderful set and looks great with all of the original hardware from the era. This hardware is surprisingly heavy duty without weighing a ton.

To all you Slingerland guys, enjoy! To everybody else that ever thought about getting a vintage Slingerland kit, go out and find one. They're plentiful and very affordable. In my opinion, they offered some of the coolest looking lugs and hoops ever.

Cheers!

Attachments

Fayray

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the Slingerland chrome. Nice photos of a nice kit again Sir

audiochurch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
as a wmp slingerland owner as well, you have a killer kit! i use my 4 piece for practicing, recording, and private lessons now. slingerland drums are great drums!!

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minty fresh, a beauty. Not to hijack the thread, but I have a Slingerland cymbal stand just like the two in the photo that I would be be willing to part with for a reasonable price.

wingnut

Reaction score
Very nice!... my present quest, Slingerland kit to match up with one of my 3 slingy snares.