Piano Black or Cherry Wood finish?

Formula428

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just think that for all the money spent, PB is the "cheap" finish. Classic? Maybe. But to me, it doesn't reflect the quality of the drum. I'd rather take a wrap like a white pearl (Greb's kit) or something with a little movement in the colors than just a plain ole black lacquer.

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cherry wood!

I have a Ludwig classic Mach lug in cherry and they sound great with a classy rich elegant look.

Paul

TDM

Yapping Internet Mutt
Reaction score
Today's answer. mix and match, as follows:

20x16 BD (PB)
10x7.5 RT (CW)
12x8 RT (PB)
14x12 FT (CW)

or

20x16 BD (CW)
10x7.5 RT (PB)
12x8 RT (CW)
14x12 FT (PB)

:)

TDM

Yapping Internet Mutt
Reaction score
Another answer. I've never been big on the high tension lugs that run the full length of the RCs. Thus, as someone else suggested, if Birch is desired, look at the Birch Custom Absolute line. Or, if birch isn't mandatory, the Maple Custom Absolute line is another option. Both lines have plenty of finish options and multiple lug options.

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow,lots of response to this thread. So B.A.Baracus, are you now thoroughly confused? :)

Thud

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If I were doing it all over again, I'd go with one of the Ltd Edition kits and pick a color. http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/drums/ac-drumsets/recording_custom/recording_custom_ltd_edition/?mode=model#tab=product_lineup
This time around I'd go with Yellow. I already have Quartz Grey and Hot Red. Both very cool and far more distinctive than what everybody plays. But I've always been a tad ostentatious.

homeby5

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd go with CW also. Black will show fingerprints, dust, etc... more. Plus it's boring, IMO.
Also, you would forever be linked with the other CW that we love to talk about so much :lol:

Latest posts