Pick one please

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow! That lacquered Oyster finish has my vote! That, plus I'm very familiar with the Starclassic line and the craftsmanship has always been first rate! As to the Gretsch kit in question, I'm just not a fan of wood counterhoops.

-Mark

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two different Price categories; I assume you included the Gretsch because something, about them you like.... which is ok..

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two different Price categories; I assume you included the Gretsch because something, about them you like.... which is ok..
They are nice looking and great sounding drums but I would be lying to say the price isn’t a consideration. I could get the Gretsch and a nice snare. I like the Tama’s more but would be happy With either.

Reactions: JDA

Targalx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They are nice looking and great sounding drums but I would be lying to say the price isn’t a consideration. I could get the Gretsch and a nice snare. I like the Tama’s more but would be happy With either.
I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Apples and oranges really. In my view, the Starclassic Performer is a pro line of drums, and the Catalina line is a budget line.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a very different kit comparison. Maybe the Tama's vs Renowns?

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did it again and bought neither. I got the Tama S.L.P big black steel kit and the matching snare. Last time I debated which kit I wanted it was between the big black steel and Dynamic Kapur. I wound up getting a Superstar classic lacebark pine and a Sakae cherry mahogany. Anyhow pictures coming when it arrives.

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did it again and bought neither. I got the Tama S.L.P big black steel kit and the matching snare. Last time I debated which kit I wanted it was between the big black steel and Dynamic Kapur. I wound up getting a Superstar classic lacebark pine and a Sakae cherry mahogany. Anyhow pictures coming when it arrives.
Congrats!

With so many choices out there, it's really tough to pick out equipment these days. It was much simpler BITD. I've been looking for my next kit for awhile now, and it isn't easy.