Pick one please

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow! That lacquered Oyster finish has my vote! That, plus I'm very familiar with the Starclassic line and the craftsmanship has always been first rate! As to the Gretsch kit in question, I'm just not a fan of wood counterhoops.

-Mark

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Two different Price categories; I assume you included the Gretsch because something, about them you like.... which is ok..

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Two different Price categories; I assume you included the Gretsch because something, about them you like.... which is ok..
They are nice looking and great sounding drums but I would be lying to say the price isn’t a consideration. I could get the Gretsch and a nice snare. I like the Tama’s more but would be happy With either.

Reactions: JDA

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They are nice looking and great sounding drums but I would be lying to say the price isn’t a consideration. I could get the Gretsch and a nice snare. I like the Tama’s more but would be happy With either.
I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

Matched Gripper

Reaction score

Apples and oranges really. In my view, the Starclassic Performer is a pro line of drums, and the Catalina line is a budget line.

Latest posts