Picked up a couple old toys today

1988fxlr

Reaction score
Stopped in to the Long Island Drum Shop today, which is not in Long Island but a cool spot. Ended up with the 12” black dot and 14” diplomat snare side I went for but also ended up bringing home some vintage accessories that seemed kind of neat.
I got a Rogers stick tray that clamps on to a cymbal stand, still getting the hang of using it but never saw one before. Are these pretty common?
DCDD2126-4207-415B-B28C-DA6F0CB7C4A1.jpeg
0A60B3CC-5124-460F-AD39-C3752DFC288A.jpeg

1988fxlr

Reaction score
And this WFL external bass drum muffler. Works ok with a bot of tinkering, but I need to find a nice wide wing bolt for the tension adjustment to make it easier on the fly
AB6820A0-3EE2-4A62-9A61-5BAE42BE7A2F.jpeg

1988fxlr

Reaction score
And I ended up taking home a couple 26” old stock heads for a reasonable price to experiment with. The Attack Jeff Ocheltree probably doesn’t qualify as vintage, but this slingerland black dot has been waiting to find a home for a long time. Did Slingerland make their own mylar heads or did they rebrand remo?
D51B8272-CD7E-48A2-984E-97B40CB93FCE.jpeg
BEB72203-58B6-423A-9156-4B06CD681B5C.jpeg

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keepin’ the beat since 1973 Woodstock, N.Y.
This is the nicest Rogers Stick Tray I have seen but more than I’d like to spend to have one. It’s from Vintage Drum Center where I have read prices tend to run high.

I don’t know how common. I’ve seen quite a few for sale in not so good shape or not complete.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guessing you went to the Long Island Drum in Nyack. They've been there forever.
Never understood how they survived all those years in that town and have never heard the reason why they're not affiliated with the store of the same name in Long Island.

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, have not seen a Rogers Stick Tray since I sold mine with my first kit in 1976....bought at Sam Ash in West Hempstead Long Island, which IS in Long Island! Cool find! Enjoy.

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keepin’ the beat since 1973 Woodstock, N.Y.

1988fxlr

Reaction score
This is the nicest Rogers Stick Tray I have seen but more than I’d like to spend to have one. It’s from Vintage Drum Center where I have read prices tend to run high.

I don’t know how common. I’ve seen quite a few for sale in not so good shape or not complete.
Mines definitely “player grade” as far as the chrome goes, but for $10 I’m happy. More than $20 and I’d rather a regular stick bag

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
1988: Beautiful set!! Could you tell me who makes the Hoop mounted cymbal holder you are using for the small cymbal? thanks!

1988fxlr

Reaction score
Guessing you went to the Long Island Drum in Nyack. They've been there forever.
Never understood how they survived all those years in that town and have never heard the reason why they're not affiliated with the store of the same name in Long Island.
Yeah. My first time in there. Frank is very helpful. Nice to ask for weird drum stuff and they either have it or at least know what you’re talking about. Most of the music stores around here have 20 year old guitar players working the drum section that are only really interested in their employee discount

1988fxlr

Reaction score
For your muffler I believe this is the correct style of wing screw. It gives thread size in description so maybe you could look for one at hardware store (if not looking for original) with that size thread and see if it fits.
The bolt was entirely missing when I got it, and the threads pretty rough. I chased it with a 1/4-20 tap which seemed about right. I’m not too worried about keeping it historically accurate so I’ll find a nice wide one to crank it down easy.

1988fxlr

Reaction score
1988: Beautiful set!! Could you tell me who makes the Hoop mounted cymbal holder you are using for the small cymbal? thanks!
The actual clamp on the bass drum is a brand new pearl chb75ca got a few weeks ago. Its great, holds a lot more firmly than the old ludwig one I used to have and doesn’t mark the hoop. It came with the shorter L arm the 24” ride is on. That L arm came out of the garbage a few years ago in a traps case with a slingerland snare and some old a zildjians. Its not like any ludwig or rogers I’ve seen so possible w&a, gretsch or slingerland. The hardware is good on it and the chrome seems too good to be old mij

1988fxlr

Reaction score
Thank you! Will the 75ca hold an older L arm?
Yeah. It will hold the old ludwig style anyway and a couple mystery ones I have. There might be a part number to buy just the hoop clamp without pearl’s arm, and I think I saw a version with a longer pearl arm. It also lets you run the L arm parallel to the lugs or parallel to the hoops. Its a pretty neat little piece of gear

SwivoNut

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've had a stick tray clamped to my hi-hat stand on every Rogers set I've owned since the early 70s. In order to protect the fiberboard tray and keep it looking decent I store it in a cardboard box in one of the compartments in my trap case. Rogers second version of the stick tray was metal and painted blue. I've owned both over the years.

little rock

Reaction score
The actual clamp on the bass drum is a brand new pearl chb75ca got a few weeks ago. Its great, holds a lot more firmly than the old ludwig one I used to have and doesn’t mark the hoop. It came with the shorter L arm the 24” ride is on. That L arm came out of the garbage a few years ago in a traps case with a slingerland snare and some old a zildjians. Its not like any ludwig or rogers I’ve seen so possible w&a, gretsch or slingerland. The hardware is good on it and the chrome seems too good to be old mij
The tilter on the long L-arm looks like older Slingerland. I have some of them.