Picked up a Gretsch Round Badge kit

achin225

Reaction score
P.O. added a 16”gold sparkle Slingerland RadioKing c. 1936-1942. Many years later I added a round badge 9x13 Starlight Sparkle and a 16” Silver Glass SSB floor. It’s quite a collage but my 20 year old son says it’s really cool. Thanks. I’m good.

Attachments

achin225

Reaction score
P.O. added a 16”gold sparkle Slingerland RadioKing c. 1936-1942. Many years later I added a round badge 9x13 Starlight Sparkle and a 16” Silver Glass SSB floor. It’s quite a collage but my 20 year old son says it’s really cool. Thanks. I’m good.
I would be interested in the matching 14” if it was out there. But that’s my “White Whale”.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDA

drumsforme

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on a Gretsch Round Badge Kit!.........There is nothing in the drum world that sounds quite like it !
I have a '62 and still play it out. Don't forget the Remo Classic fit for these babies....and now you can get coated Powerstroke 3's in Classic fit too!

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Nice find on these! I fixed up this champagne set last year. I got the snare, the 12 and 14. I needed some missing parts which I found and several months later I lucked into the bass drum that someone sold me from a facebook Gretsch page. These sound great and yours will too.

Gretsch8.jpg

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find on these! I fixed up this champagne set last year. I got the snare, the 12 and 14. I needed some missing parts which I found and several months later I lucked into the bass drum that someone sold me from a facebook Gretsch page. These sound great and yours will too.

View attachment 486495
That is a beauty!

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That red sparkle seems to hold well against fade. 1951-52 name band with orginal calf skin heads except snare. They are sweet. I wish you'd seen these earlier.
This is an old thread from a couple of years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: