Picked up a Trap Table

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Major Mojo! I am loving the look you are evolving and wish you the best of luck. I bumped into a trap table and blocks in amazing condition. Kind of looks too good. Note to drum manufacturers: Trap tables are back, baby!
Those are absolutely amazing.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just picked up an old trap table for my 1920’s Leedy kit.

I repainted the table and waxed the edges. This weekend I hope to add new felt and eventually actual mounts to attach it to the bass drum. I chose just to wax the blocks and not refinish.

View attachment 510652 View attachment 510653 View attachment 510654 View attachment 510655
Beautiful set! My 20s table has green felt. I believe it’s original (or at least from the 20s) and gather it’s likely the same durable product used on a pool table if that helps.

Pedal_Pusher

Reaction score
Rick, Your head painting has the original look down pat. Here is a Barry Drum company collapsible bass drum head that is close in the Mojo department. Sorry for the poor quality photo. And for the non-Bonham big bass drum fans, here is a Pearl marching drum converted to rope tension. These old drums are fun.

Attachments

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Rick, Your head painting has the original look down pat. Here is a Barry Drum company collapsible bass drum head that is close in the Mojo department. Sorry for the poor quality photo. And for the non-Bonham big bass drum fans, here is a Pearl marching drum converted to rope tension. These old drums are fun.
Both of those are absolutely amazing

Pedal_Pusher

Reaction score
I don't know about amazing, but thanks. Maybe the amazing part is how much time we had on our hands. We made three of the rope bass drums from Pearl marching shells. I even put the colored lights in and ran the cords out through the vent hole. Rope tensioned drums may introduce some problems, but they sure are light weight and sound great. We did not use any internal muffling.

Attachments

DrumR69

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rikkrebs, the kit looks great. Nice job on the trap table, goes well with the kit's vibe.
I will be interested in how you connect your table to the bass also , I can't seem to figure out the one I have.
I think those blocks look great the way they are, you don't see as many white blocks as you do red.

Wayne

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Rikkrebs, the kit looks great. Nice job on the trap table, goes well with the kit's vibe.
I will be interested in how you connect your table to the bass also , I can't seem to figure out the one I have.
I think those blocks look great the way they are, you don't see as many white blocks as you do red.

Wayne
Mine is not connected. There are usually brackets that connects to the bass hoops. I’m on the hunt.

Pedal_Pusher

Reaction score
The trap table I bought did not have any hardware underneath. I used two modern hoop mounted cowbell clamps, two pieces of 3/8" rod, and two tom/floor tom mounts screwed to the bottom of the table. I don't have easy access to it or I could take some photos. I think the reason the cowbell clamps worked is that they were the Meinl brand where you can mount the rod perpendicular to the clamp, in other words the rod is a separate piece. Maybe it was designed for more than cowbells. Good luck.