Pics from the drivers seat.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I really like pictures from our perspectives and want to know what's goin' on with toys if you know what I mean. OK, they're really tools. For me?

I use a ePad (Yamaha DTXM12 Multipad), sometimes a Yamaha EAD10, a Tama Metronome, an iPad with the OnSong app for set lists (with tempos of songs listed) and lyrics and an iPod with the liveBPM app. Also, use a Behringer personal monitor (PowerPlay P1) system for my wired in-ears.

You All?

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
i bring my drums and cymbals and when it's time to start i look down at the set list on the floor, think about the tempo, count off the first song and off we go.

low tech.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
i bring my drums and cymbals and when it's time to start i look down at the set list on the floor, think about the tempo, count off the first song and off we go.

low tech.
Yep, BUT I got tired of the too slow, rushing issue. LiveBPM had effectively removed that from the table. What all my toys mean is I'm prepared and ready to go. I recently subbed for a local Eagles trib band. The first rehearsal was mind blowing. I had all the tempo's charted out and with the metronome and liveBPM we discussed and tried the songs at the real and not perceived tempo. Quite a few aha moments for the band.

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Cool, Dan!

I use a "RokTempo" manufactured by DFO member Rick Jones (better than the old TempoRef) mounted on my snare, and also handle the PA duties to my right, as none of the other band members want the responsibility. Also, note that I also control my Chauvet DMX controller for our lights and laser (if in use), mounted on my cymbal stand to the left.

Play on!

Gretsch Drivers Seat 1.jpg

Last edited:

thejohnlec

Reaction score
From a recent show. Pearl MLX Black Lacquer kit with a late 70s Supra and a Pearl piccolo in the foreground. Zildjian Ks for cymbals. Aside from a mixer on the floor for my in ear monitors, this band uses no loops, electronics, or clicks. I’m not opposed to all that, that’s just not in this band’s vibe.

And yeah, I always love seeing pics from this perspective!

41C0BD28-7760-452D-A1F7-1F7E1D409492.jpeg

Latest posts