Pics of Lilly kit

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
"He sure has the snares tight on that tube lug 2000"
that kit 'should have' used the flush Diamond lug (too bad it didn't)

Last edited:

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I always thought the kit should be split into two identical kits ... 24, 14, 16f. That would make so much more sense for a drummer playing at home ('cause this kit would be silly to gig with).
... and I absolutely agree that the lugs killed the looks.
But that's me.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I saw the original at the RnRHoF. It was pretty cool. It bummed me out when Premier cut corners on the design of the rebuild.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't say cut corners I'd say (at the time) modernized it
the world wasn't as repo-crazy-exact- then as it is today
I bet they figured they were doing customers (their best) a favor.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not mine
Never seen one for sale

I’ve always wanted one of these. Didn’t they make a kit in the late 80’s 90’s with a different lug ? Xpk series maybe ?

Last edited:

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I thought the same thing at the time they brought this out about the lugs. I guess that is why it was the Spirit of Lily rather than Pictures of Lily.

If you could find clean versions of the three panel graphics then Bumwraps or Walopus could probably recreate this wrap for you.

Black Label

Reaction score
I agree - the lugs should have been period correct - whats the point of painfully reproducing the finish and then put completely different lugs on which looks nothing like the original. Here's an interesting page that I came across containing some facts about the original kit:

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Now those are lugs. It is almost like Premier stopped knowing how to make an attractive lug later on.
The first mistake was stealing the design for their Signia series from GMS’ Grand Master Series lugs.

I had a set of Resonators back in the late 80’s through the early 90’s that was bought with my life’s savings as a kid. Though they did anything but resonate, I loved those drums.

Unfortunately, they were lost in a house fire while I was at school.

I wouldn't say cut corners I'd say (at the time) modernized it
the world wasn't as repo-crazy-exact- then as it is today
I bet they figured they were doing customers (their best) a favor.
I don’t agree here. The world was retro crazy, otherwise it would not have come out. I saw it firsthand at NAMM when it came. It was all the rage at the show by anyone over 40 at the time, but they all complained about the lugs.

The expense of creating the old lug was just too costly, especially for a company that shortly disappeared from the industry.

jskdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I saw the real deal at the MIM in Scottsdale a few years ago. I think they were restoring it or something.
If I remember correctly they had the entire kit there at 1 point...At least I thought I saw it ;-)

FWIW - Note to Everyone GO TO THE MIM if you are ever in Phoenix / Scottsdale.. It truly is amazing & 1 of the best museums in the world...

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had a set of Resonators back in the late 80’s through the early 90’s that was bought with my life’s savings as a kid. Though they did anything but resonate, I loved those drums.

Unfortunately, they were lost in a house fire while I was at school.
I think I will hold on to mine. Coolest looking kit they ever made, IMNSHO! :)

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
The expense of creating the old lug was just too costly, especially for a company that shortly disappeared from the industry.
Yeah and the Rogers mounts...and the Premier stock dagger tom mounts securing the bass drums together and the spring loaded Spurs and probably a mixed bunch of Birch shell in there And maybe metric ft's (who knows ply etc) That 68/69 set even besides the lugs was not going to get Repo'ed exactly.. probably shell reinforcement patches sprinkled thruout in the 68 too (Like KO said it was the Spirit of Lily

Last edited:

Latest posts