Pics of your sets on stage

Tutman

Reaction score
When we are done setting up for a gig I like to snap a pic or two of the stage with whatever set I'm playing on it. I'm no photographer but sometimes I get some pretty cool shots of my USA Customs and Classic Maples.

How about sharing some cool shots of your sets on stage?

View attachment 493976 View attachment 493977 View attachment 493978 View attachment 493979 View attachment 493980 View attachment 493981 View attachment 493982 View attachment 493983 View attachment 493984 View attachment 493985

kzac

Reaction score
It was even easier than that for me - this wasn't my kit lol, I rarely ever lugged my kit to gigs, I always played the other band's kit.

This was a kit from... can't remember, either a band named Paging Mr. Herman or Slick Olde Biships (SOB's), ska bands either way.

I'd totally play a kit like this as a road kit but for now my plan is to use my low end Pearl kit once I start playing out, just mount the 12 tom and 16 FT, use the other tom mount for a ride cymbal, sort of minimalistic like the Yamaha kit. 22 kick though and if that turns into a PITA then I'll get a small kit like the Yamaha or something.
I have a 3 pc manu katchi kit (Yamaha), the toms are plenty loud but the Bass would need to be milked for a gig. If you could marry that kit up to the new Stage custom thin bass, and light Yamaha hardware, I think you would have the ultimate gigging round town kit. I started out young and dumb, lugging about a full set of Ludwig Pro Beats with as many cymbals and stand as I could imagine.... About 10 gigs in.... always being the last to leave .... the light bulb shown through the cob webs... and my dads old comment ..."Less is More" made complete sense... After that I was a 3 piece man with the bare minimum cymbals and stands, and with some electrical tape, I was able to place my hardware at the exact heights and locations every time.... Less was more and that eventually made it into my playing as well ... every drum roll didn't need to be a solo.....

Now if only I could get a remote control for the guitar players volume knobs....

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Very cool Yamaha setup.... hope you had a rodie...
Nope. Carter Beaufords kit by the way. Wife knows the kit setup as good as I do, but she's stopped going to these shows mostly lol

JazzDoc

Reaction score
Here's a bunch of different kits I played at various gigs over the years: Ludwig Classic Maples in champagne sparkle (22" or 18" kick, single or double rack toms), Canopus bop kit in black oyster pearl with a Craviotto ash solid shell, GreTsch USA Custom red rosewood bop with black lacquer 6-1/2" snare, amongst countless others.
Looking at them now, they all still do it for me.

Highway65Concert_h.jpg
Highway65Concert_i_sm.jpg
MJP_BopTop_9-05_bSM1 (1).jpg
StageSetUp 2-17_d.jpg

RIFF Gig 9-27-20_l.jpg
Zeno's Gig 2-8-20_e SEND.jpg
Zeno's Gig 2-8-20_m SEND copy.jpg
BopTop 12-27-06_a1 MJP.jpg