Pics posting upside down

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What gives ? About half the time I try to post of pic on this forum the pic posts upside down . Does anyone know why or how to fix it ?

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Are you adding it as an attachment or linking to a third party picture hosting site? They are upright on your computer and show up on here upside down?

Mike

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Adding as an attachment and they are right side up on my computer . I was using Safari and thought maybe that was the problem then started using Chrome and still have the same issue . I have been having the problem for a while but am just now asking about it .

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Getting ready to call it a night here. But attach one in a post here and let me check it out tomorrow, if you would. Thanks.

Mike

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Weird when you click on the thumbnail the pic it rights itself when it is enlarged .

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Its showing upside down and stays that way for me when I click on it. But its righting itself when you click on it?

Mike

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great info . Thanks man it was so frustrating . I only have the problem here but now I can correct it . Thanks
Donnie

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
We have plenty of users that have sideways pics. They normally say the pics came from their phone. This is the first instance that ive run across with the upside down images though. That's what made me think it was something on your end. Let me know if you get it specifically figured out please. Thanks.

Mike

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks for letting me know Donnie.

Beautiful drums, by the way!

Mike

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
mlayton said:
Perfect. Thanks for letting me know Donnie.

Beautiful drums, by the way!

Mike
Mike ,
Thanks for the help I really had no idea what was going on .It was super frustrating trying to ad a pic to a reply on a thread or when starting a thread . I should have figured I was doing something wrong . ;)

And thanks on the drums most won't care about em here as they are not Ludwig . But I love all my Kent drum sets .

Thanks again .
Donnie

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. I take pictures with my iPhone, load them into my iMac's iPhoto, rotate them upright if necessary using iPhoto edit function, export them to my document folder as attachments, everything is cool, then when I upload some of them to a post they are sideways? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are two posts I have out with this exact issue:

http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/119254-pearl-demon-drive-for-yamaha-fp-9500d/

http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/119220-sonor-delite-for-sonorlite-or-hilite/

Thank you, Nacci.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nacci said:
I am having a similar problem. I take pictures with my iPhone, load them into my iMac's iPhoto, rotate them upright if necessary using iPhoto edit function, export them to my document folder as attachments, everything is cool, then when I upload some of them to a post they are sideways? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are two posts I have out with this exact issue:

http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/119254-pearl-demon-drive-for-yamaha-fp-9500d/

http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/119220-sonor-delite-for-sonorlite-or-hilite/

Thank you, Nacci.
...well I figured out what my issue was and here is a brief description in case it helps anyone else.

I am use an iMac with OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 So you take your photos with your iPhone, load them into your lap top then and if they need rotating you highlight the photo, click edit, rotate the photo the way you want then hit done, boom, eveything is good. Now you highlight that photo, go to "Edit' and click export so that you can switch it to an attachment. When you do that Apple is going to give you two options 1. export photo or 2. export unmodified original. You want to click the first option which will export you photo as an attachment after you edited it. If you click the second option like I did it will export the photo looking correct on your computer but when you go to post it here on DFO it will show up as the original upside down, sideways photo. I erased all of my bad photo from both my posts as well as my documents folder, re-exported as explained then reloaded them onto my posts and everything is good. Hope that helps. Nacci.

Latest posts