Pictures of the kit your currently playing.

sixjune1944

Reaction score
Here are mine that I've been gigging with all summer--1967 Ludwig oyster blue with matching jazzfest. Zildjians are all 60's A. Zildjians--except for a fairly modern K ride. The photo was taken at a wedding back in August.

dontfeartheringo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
27" calfskin bass drum. All the toms are converted field drums- single ply mahogany with single ply maple hoops.

dontfeartheringo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ron, the self portrait kind of reminds me of something Albrecht Durer might have done. Very nice!
Now, that is some serious compliment! I'm flattered. Thank you man!

Ron

I'll second that compliment. Gorgeous stuff, sir.

If you ever have a show where I may attend (withing 300 miles of zip code 30621), please PM me.

dontfeartheringo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
27" calfskin bass drum. All the toms are converted field drums- single ply mahogany with single ply maple hoops.

wow, love that bass drum head, is it original?
It must be. My understanding is that the reason Leedy did the 27" drum was so that people would stop just buying the heads for their artwork and putting them on other drums. It makes it pretty much impossible to even consider mylar heads for this kit, which is a shame. I can't really take it out on the road if there's any possibility that I might get stuck somewhere with a broken batter head.

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Ray-era Ayottes. 12/14/16 toms with a 22" bass drum
Snare is usually a 5.5x14 Slingerland Artist Niles Badge. In this pic it's a Pearl Q Popper.
Cymbals are all Zildjian: 22" Skiba hot-rodded High Definition Ride, 19" K Dark Thin Crash, 14" K Light Hats

Latest posts