Playing bass... again

homeby5

DFO Master
Reaction score
drumsforever said:
I love Jazz basses too but this one really does it all for me. These are great all around workhorse basses.- IMHO
My 2010 Fender USA Precision Deluxe passive/active electronics and it still plays and looks new.
IMG_4194.JPG
IMG_4196.JPG
IMG_4198.JPG
IMG_4201.JPG
IMG_4195.JPG
Nice....

I've really been wanting the old standard P-Bass. I only have one Bass, A Schecter that I got for Christmas a while back. It's Ok and all but I'm not a devil horn type of guy :lol: If I could find a sweet deal on a P-Bass I think I would grab it and sell my Schecter.

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
New amp. Ampeg SVT Classic all tube 300 watt monster over a SVT 212 AV.

1566081407383.png

I have a second SVT 212 AV as well as an 810 E on order.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I want to thank drummer5359 for directing me to DFO! He responded to my thread on TalkBass.com in which I asked for drum forum recommendations. My username on TalkBass.com is bassdrummer, but I decided to go with my Ebay username, classicgrooves, for this forum.

I started out on drums--my primary instrument--at the age of 10...always felt drawn to bass and started playing bass in my mid 20's.

My nicest drum kit I ever owned was a Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute in cherry wood with all Sabian HHX Evolution cymbals, but as the bass G.A.S. developed, I ended up selling off a lot of drum gear to fund bass and bass amp purchases. I have done a lot of buying and selling on TalkBass.com and Ebay along the way, always with great satisfaction and smooth transactions, and as I slowly begin building up my drum arsenal, I am very glad to have found DFO and it's classified section.

Looking forward to making new friends here, drummers and bass players alike! Thanks again for the invitation, Mike! Loved reading about your journey into the world of bass, and the "bass family photos" are quite impressive!

- Danny

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Danny, I'm glad that you found your way here. I believe that you'll find DFO members to be helpful and welcoming, just like TB members.

I too curbed my drum GAS just a bit to fuel my bass GAS. It's all good.

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of a second Ampeg SVT 212 AV cabinet. I have my "forever" bass rig now, an Ampeg SVT Classic over two SVT 212 AV cabinets.

1566081342054.png

Last edited:

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When I started this thread I was an experienced drummer, embarking on another instrument and not sure of how far that I wanted to go with it.

I'm now in rehearsals with a band as a bassist, we should be gigging by the end of the summer.

Drums are still my primary instrument, I'm in a fairly busy band as a drummer already.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I moved from percussion to bass some years ago, but found over time that I just didn't enjoy practicing bass, so I didn't do it, so I never got particularly good at it--even though I love the sound, the feel, and the equipment of electric bass playing. I've moved back to drumming for the most part, because I really enjoy practicing on the drums. The funny thing is that there was a time when I averaged 15 posts every day on Talkbass, making me one of the most prolific posters there. Someone on another forum called me a "TB tragic". I certainly did a lot more talking than practicing. Even though I post plenty here on DFO, I swear I practice much more than I talk now.

Latest posts