Please help me I.D. a drum set

wraub

Reaction score
Re: questions from a co-worker, I present these pics-
I was told "they're older and been sitting a while, I don't know what they are, they're drums and they're in the way."

Looking at the pics, I see some cheap cymbals and basic stands... and these drums, which, I think might be an older Tama set.

Any further input?

Thanks!

1589954606703.png

1589954642809.png

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well the cymbals are obvious what they are, Meinl HCS series and I see no badge on the kit in the picture but from that double tom holder I am pretty sure it is an entry level Tama kit (22/16/13/12 + 14” metal snare), it’s probably the Tama Rockstar series but I am no Tama guru. The hardware looks to be Tama as well, I barely saw the footboard on the hihat. It’s a decent entry level drum set (drums, cymbals, hardware, etc.). Stands are double braced so should be heavier and sturdier than an entry level single braced stand.

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's not vintage Tama with those plastic bass drum hoops with built in eye lets for the tension rods. You can buy a modern Imperialstar with hardware and starter Meinl cymbals for around $650-$695. So I consider used entry level Tama's like this in the $275-$375 range....whatever you can get as there are so many of them out there.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score

Last edited:

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tama Imperialstar....the later cheaper generation. Used a simiar plastic bass hoop to some versions of Rockstar but logo differs. Oval Logo on bass drum is Imperialstar.

Last edited:

wraub

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't think they were old Ludwigs, but I thought they might be a fun project.

I'm being offered everything in the pics for $100.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Buy em
I thought they were 2000s Swingstars but didn't see that color. It may say which "star" they are, (that rhymes) in the badge..