Please, No more threads about Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
While we all are dealing with this the best we can. We the mods feel that in the best interest of enjoying the forum that going forward
lets not focus on that here, best is to watch your local news as every day is a new day with this virus and listen to your officials.

Ok, thanks, Ben and the DFO team.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but for the record i would love to see a new section on the forum entitled "the pub car park" where just about anything goes. It would at least give the choice to those who wish to debate/argue//curse with their virtual pals and those who would prefer not to go there.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
When people you love have died from it it's not funny.

Time wounds all heals ... eventually, all becomes humor.

... wanted to edit this to express something.
Obviously, this was sent with a wry smile.
But, most all of us have experienced some sort of loss.
A good bud just lost his mom to complications of a certain virus.
I get the heaviness and sadness.
I was just trying to bring it all back to remembering the love and smiling and laughing through it.

Last edited:

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Agreed, but for the record i would love to see a new section on the forum entitled "the pub car park" where just about anything goes. It would at least give the choice to those who wish to debate/argue//curse with their virtual pals and those who would prefer not to go there.
Let’s go one better...lol

COVID-19 RED
COVID-19 BLUE

You must apply for access and get a special password. Once you commit to a “color” that’s it-you cannot post in the opposite color forum. Both forums would be open to read for everyone. Anyone falsifying their true color and attempting to harass and cause issues would be locked out.

Otherwise-follow this reasonable and understandable edict by the mods and let’s get back to discussing drums and drumming....

Personally I think the Mods have enough to do at this time no need to put more weight on them than necessary.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
When people you love have died from it it's not funny.
I know two people who have it. One is around 60 and the other is his daughter who is in her twenties. I don't know how either one is doing but my wife will be finding out tonight because his wife will be on a zoom meeting tonight. Hopefully they are fine but we could get bad news.

Humor is good for mental health. I have seen very little that should be considered offensive to someone who has a loved one who is sick or has died. I have had to dial back how many times I look at the news because it is too stressful. Finding things to laugh at has helped me greatly so I would also vote to keep the jokes thread going.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
While we all are dealing with this the best we can. We the mods feel that in the best interest of enjoying the forum that going forward
lets not focus on that here, best is to watch your local news as every day is a new day with this virus and listen to your officials.

Ok, thanks, Ben and the DFO team.
I think some people feel the need to express this situation inside the community in which they feel comfortable (like DFO). I personally don't since forums like this give me some sense of normalcy during the stay at home period. But I do understand and respect that some people want to express themselves since it's hit close to home for many. Maybe we should create a sticky Covid-19 thread for those who would like to write about it. I think it might be better than "No more Covid-19 threads". Banning politics and religion here is a no brainer but not a massive worldwide pandemic that we are all experiencing to some degree. Just a suggestion!

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Let’s go one better...lol

COVID-19 RED
COVID-19 BLUE

You must apply for access and get a special password. Once you commit to a “color” that’s it-you cannot post in the opposite color forum. Both forums would be open to read for everyone. Anyone falsifying their true color and attempting to harass and cause issues would be locked out.

Otherwise-follow this reasonable and understandable edict by the mods and let’s get back to discussing drums and drumming....

Personally I think the Mods have enough to do at this time no need to put more weight on them than necessary.
Red and Blue choices??
Ain't touching that with a 10' stick....
bt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts