Please share your wrap wish list

CompactDrums

Reaction score
I'm considering which wrap designs to introduce over the next few months.

Many have told me that a vintage style White Marine Pearl would be a big seller. Would anyone have a good picture example of what this looks like?

What other designs are on your wish list? Satins? Oysters? Even more wood grains?

You never know, I may just be able to make your wishes come true. :)

Here are the 60-odd designs I am making so far: http://walopus.com/product-category/drumwrap

I plan to invest in some new equipment for expanding the design choices. Different designs require different equipment so I want to spend my limited budget wisely. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

hippychip

Reaction score
I'd like to have a wrap for my snare to match my bass reso---maybe even the whole kit!

Woody85

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
CompactDrums said:
Starlight sparkle
Top hat and cane
More sonor-ish birch options
Starlight Sparkle? What does it look like?

I think our birdseye maple looks a fair bit like Sonor's Scandinavian Birch.
Gretsch starlight sparkle. I'd attach an image but I'm on my phone and also lazy.

stickinthemud

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes, red.

It's a dream wrap for me. I would consider getting a set of drums just so I could wrap them in this. It just screams 60's lounge lizard to me. I love stuff from that era.

Please though, make sure this makes business sense for you, my adolescent fascination with alligator texture and the color red notwithstanding.

CompactDrums

Reaction score
Stickinthemud said:
Yes, red.

It's a dream wrap for me. I would consider getting a set of drums just so I could wrap them in this. It just screams 60's lounge lizard to me. I love stuff from that era.

Please though, make sure this makes business sense for you, my adolescent fascination with alligator texture and the color red notwithstanding.
... or Lounge Gator... :)

CompactDrums

Reaction score
oneeyedcat said:
Any progress on the Yellow Tiger Pearl?

Thanks,

Rick
Not yet, but it is in the works. My challenge is relying on images from google to get the colour tone right. They vary from light yellow to quite orange. Unless I can get my hands on an actual sample I'll have to aim for the middle of the spectrum.

CompactDrums

Reaction score
cymtrich said:
ludwig legacy has aged onyx which looks nice and mapex had lazer ivory i really like. pics included, bill
I'm still working on the traditional pearly finish. It's the trickiest to get right but once I do I'll be able to reproduce the onyx pictured. That lazer Ivory is neat.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Peacock (or Rainbow) pearl from the 30's. Someone has tried to reproduce it and got close but it has too much green in it (should have been more bluish).

Or a translucent large pattern pearl that would let whatever color is underneath show through. Drum makers had this back in the day and used it to create various colors and/or mixes by pre painting the shell in the desired shade(s). Basically today's WMP or BDP wrap without the opaque backing...that should be easy enough. Just substitute a clear backing layer...done! Suddenly rose, jade green, turquoise, violet, or any combinations thereof (or any other color at your local paint store) that you can put on a shell is easily do-able as a pearl finish. Why do we not have this?

Or how about a true re-creation of oyster pink, not computer generated pink mist over white oyster.

For that matter any sort of cool "true" random oyster(s).

I made this with photo shop about 15 years ago...still waiting for someone to pick up the ball and run with it...daddy needs some oyster orange pearl.

Attachments

Latest posts