Please share your wrap wish list

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I love green pearloids. I don't know why. I understand they may be currently out of favor, but hey - so is most everything else I play.

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Attachments

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Please allow me to summarize for the majority of us on here - just introduce a large chip translucent/transparent pearl wrap and let us color with paint on the shell - and you will be a hero to the vintage drumming community - and corner that part of the market as well. It is a niche that is valuable given all the issues we vintage drum enthusiasts have with needing specific matching wrap.

CompactDrums

Reaction score
drummerjohn333 said:
Please allow me to summarize for the majority of us on here - just introduce a large chip translucent/transparent pearl wrap and let us color with paint on the shell - and you will be a hero to the vintage drumming community - and corner that part of the market as well. It is a niche that is valuable given all the issues we vintage drum enthusiasts have with needing specific matching wrap.
I will do my best. I'm still challenged with getting the "right look" of the chip-pearls. That is why I haven't released any yet. It is a priority though and tests are being made on a weekly basis.

We have managed to make our traditional sparkles about 15% translucent so they may be biased slightly by shell colour.

CompactDrums

Reaction score
Osahead2 said:
My wrap DREAM list listed below should be easy to reproduce...

Gretsch - Red Wine Pearl
Gretsch - Emerald Green Pearl
Gretsch - Anniversary Sparkle
Camco - 3D
Rogers - Mardi Gras
The Pearls are actually quite tricky. I'm still struggling with getting acceptable results.

In regards to the Camco 3D though... Take a look at this one:

http://walopus.com/product/puffy-pearl-drum-wrap

antipodes

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There's a very good "almost the same as the original" 3D Moire wrap made by Rowlux and generally available. The bubble is marginally smaller but even side by side, it's hard to tell the original from the modern copy. The kit in my avatar is covered with this stuff. $10 a yard (endless roll) from Canal Plastics in NYC amongst others...

http://www.rowlux.com/design.html

CompactDrums

Reaction score
cymtrich said:
ludwig legacy has aged onyx which looks nice and mapex had lazer ivory i really like. pics included, bill
Those are still beyond my reach, but I haven't given up... I'll figure it out one of these days....

CompactDrums

Reaction score
K.O. said:
Peacock (or Rainbow) pearl from the 30's. Someone has tried to reproduce it and got close but it has too much green in it (should have been more bluish).

Or a translucent large pattern pearl that would let whatever color is underneath show through. Drum makers had this back in the day and used it to create various colors and/or mixes by pre painting the shell in the desired shade(s). Basically today's WMP or BDP wrap without the opaque backing...that should be easy enough. Just substitute a clear backing layer...done! Suddenly rose, jade green, turquoise, violet, or any combinations thereof (or any other color at your local paint store) that you can put on a shell is easily do-able as a pearl finish. Why do we not have this?

Or how about a true re-creation of oyster pink, not computer generated pink mist over white oyster.

For that matter any sort of cool "true" random oyster(s).

I made this with photo shop about 15 years ago...still waiting for someone to pick up the ball and run with it...daddy needs some oyster orange pearl.
I can do those. Not "True" in the true senso of the word... It would be the pattern design in the chosen colour over a white pearl base...

http://walopus.com/custom-shop-drum-wrap

Latest posts