CompactDrums

Reaction score
oneeyedcat said:
Any progress on the Yellow Tiger Pearl?

Thanks,

Rick
Yes, I can now make this wrap...

http://walopus.com/custom-shop-drum-wrap
Is it possible to see a pic? I don't see it on your site.

Thanks a mil,

Rick

Hi Rick, There's no pic 'cause it would be a "Custom Shop" job. Email me through my website and I can send you a picture.

miker

Reaction score
CompactDrums said:
I'm considering which wrap designs to introduce over the next few months.

Many have told me that a vintage style White Marine Pearl would be a big seller. Would anyone have a good picture example of what this looks like?

What other designs are on your wish list? Satins? Oysters? Even more wood grains?

You never know, I may just be able to make your wishes come true. :)

Here are the 60-odd designs I am making so far: http://walopus.com/product-category/drumwrap

I plan to invest in some new equipment for expanding the design choices. Different designs require different equipment so I want to spend my limited budget wisely. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I can definitely make that!

Probably would be a good market for Peacock sparkle. Anniversary sparkle would be another one with some real sales potential.

ToBBa

Reaction score
CompactDrums said:
Just curious:
When you do wraps like that do you have genuine colored metal flakes in there, or is it just a colored outer coat over some printed metallic stuff?

CompactDrums

Reaction score
The Whale said:
Great stuff! Cant believe there aren't more picks of kits with many more of the options.
We only just introduced the Custom Shop offering a week ago and only started the company at the end of last year.

CompactDrums

Reaction score
ToBBa said:
Just curious:
When you do wraps like that do you have genuine colored metal flakes in there, or is it just a colored outer coat over some printed metallic stuff?

We use both techniques you described. Our traditional sparkles have actual metal flakes. For the ice-cream sprinkle sparkle though we would use a multi-coloured transparent plastic layer over a silver sparkle layer.

atomicdave

DFO Star
Reaction score
I saw a few of these on DFD, but YOWZA!!!! Kinda dizzy looking at some of those! The only thing I have desired that didnt exist (that very well could have, since there was blue, pink, and of course black) would be GREEN OYSTER PEARL!

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
This is the Peacock wrap I mentioned back in the beginning...some of your current abalone finishes are in the ballpark

peacock1a.jpg