Polish for Radio King hardware

thejohnlec

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m closing in on finishing up a Radio King snare resto. I’m going with repro lugs on this, as the remaining original lugs were breaking and unstable. Since I’ll be using this live, I went with new for peace of mind.

What cleaner/polish would be best to get the existing hardware to look as close to the new hardware as possible? I know there won’t be a perfect match, but I’d like to close the “shine gap” as close as I can without sacrificing the integrity of the existing hardware’s finish.

Thanks in advance!

3C6D6D93-93F7-4B77-9EB8-ADEAE031BFBE.jpeg

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Simichrome polish on nickel parts.
Are your new lugs chrome or nickel plated? They are available in both.
Technically the reflective finish on either is the nickel plating (chrome is basically clear) but the chrome adds a tint to the overall look that makes it stand out when seen next to nickel plated parts.

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nevr dull is safe for nickel and pretty effective, if a bit slow. Its a blue can you’ll find in most hardware stores.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m closing in on finishing up a Radio King snare resto. I’m going with repro lugs on this, as the remaining original lugs were breaking and unstable. Since I’ll be using this live, I went with new for peace of mind.

What cleaner/polish would be best to get the existing hardware to look as close to the new hardware as possible? I know there won’t be a perfect match, but I’d like to close the “shine gap” as close as I can without sacrificing the integrity of the existing hardware’s finish.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 522169
Sprzęt radio król. Haha! Sorry!

Talktotommy

Reaction score
I use Simichrome as well but on anything that has rust on it I soake in this first.
1633911906385.jpeg