• Both

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yup — 16x26.
Dang me! I'm an average height guy that plays behind a pair of 14" x 26" and all you can see is just my head poking out just above my toms.
On the first take I would swear those are a pair of 22"s. You'se guys must be giants...

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang me! I'm an average height guy that plays behind a pair of 14" x 26" and all you can see is just my head poking out just above my toms.
On the first take I would swear those are a pair of 22"s. You'se guys must be giants...
I'm only 5' 7", but I sit high — my throne's seat is 24" from the floor.

icebone

Reaction score
I like all Ludwig drums with the exception of the modular tom mount era. But even modular drums sound great if you lose the modular mounts. In my studio I use a 1969 silver sparkle maple interior kit. Not loud but great tone for recording. I use a late 70's 6 ply kit as well. I usually stuff the lugs have the bearing edges cut if needed. Mount the toms on rims and put the pearl isolation feet on the floor tom legs. Heads are always clear or coated ambassador.
After all this is done any era Ludwig kit usually sounds fantastic. And a 6.5 black beauty. Right now its a newer one sounds just great. Enjoy

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow keystone, by a large margin! I mean only 41 people voted. My previous poles had 80 votes. Probably not everyone is a Ludwig fan.

fredpasta

Reaction score
As always ... depends who's tuning them. They can both sound great to awful depending on that!

Old Drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Boy, am I ever a prejudiced product of my past. The Keystone badge is the only one for me. The Blue/Olive badge coincides with an era when Ludwig went downhill, disco came on the scene, Zildjian went with hollow ink logos, and cars lost their vent windows. Nothing was going right. I'd be afraid to touch a drum with a Blue/Olive badge, much less own one.

The only thing I knew to do was switch to Gretsch.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, am I ever a prejudiced product of my past. The Keystone badge is the only one for me. The Blue/Olive badge coincides with an era when Ludwig went downhill, disco came on the scene, Zildjian went with hollow ink logos, and cars lost their vent windows. Nothing was going right. I'd be afraid to touch a drum with a Blue/Olive badge, much less own one.

The only thing I knew to do was switch to Gretsch.
Motorcycles remained cool, though.