Pork Pie Copper - wow

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Haven't been feeling metal snares lately, but have really been curious about copper. According to most, the Ludwig combines the best of the black beauty, 402, and the wood drums in one. I completely agree with this Pork Pie variant. It's an absolutely stunning sounding and looking drum.

I was about to buy another one, but wasn't a fan of some of the looks. This one really caught my eye. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Copperphonic, I highly recommended this one!

I'd say I'd use it now over my 402 and black beauty on our next gigs. Currently it's the only metal drum that's made me put my beloved Rosewood snares on the shelf.

And another 1 handed quick sound sample!

20211201_120800.jpg
20211201_120813.jpg
20211201_120949.jpg
20211201_121718.jpg

Last edited:

Hop

DFO Master
Reaction score
Oh no you di-ent!!! I know a couple of rosewood snares that a feeling a bit jelly, if you know what I'm sayin'...

Noce sounding/looking snare, I like that polished bead too.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOVE that drum, congrats on the new family member, and I'm a fan of the polished bead also. What a handsome snare... welcome to the world of copper, it is the only snare shell material that I have more than one drum in.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was about to sell my 402 for this one, but between this, my 402, black beauty, and Drumcraft bell bronze, I'm covered on metals completely. I just can't let any of these 4 snares go now. It's crazy how well the copper has some of everything in it. I don't think it's as dark as some say. This thing cracks!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a copper snare. Over Covid, I sold three of my four copper snares. I still have one but the pork pie looks awesome!

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like everything about it, sounds amazing! Price point?

499 but you can ask for some off. Here's the other I almost got. There doesn't seem to be too many of these available.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
LOVE that drum, congrats on the new family member, and I'm a fan of the polished bead also. What a handsome snare... welcome to the world of copper, it is the only snare shell material that I have more than one drum in.
Yeah man I agree the polished bead sets the tone here, just enough bling to make that finish pop

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not mine, but great price on one of these incredible drums!

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't been feeling metal snares lately, but have really been curious about copper. According to most, the Ludwig combines the best of the black beauty, 402, and the wood drums in one. I completely agree with this Pork Pie variant. It's an absolutely stunning sounding and looking drum.

I was about to buy another one, but wasn't a fan of some of the looks. This one really caught my eye. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Copperphonic, I highly recommended this one!

I'd say I'd use it now over my 402 and black beauty on our next gigs. Currently it's the only metal drum that's made me put my beloved Rosewood snares on the shelf.

And another 1 handed quick sound sample!

View attachment 531196 View attachment 531197 View attachment 531198 View attachment 531199

How does it do volume wise in live gigs? I’ve had my eyes on copper snares for a while and heard that they can be a bit too dark and midrange-y to be heard over loud guitars.