Pork Pie Deal Alert!

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
the_dude said:
Yeah, I just pulled the trigger. :blush:
I was tempted, but I have several 6.5 maples already, so it would've been an impulse buy simply for the b20 finish, and I can't justify that currently.
Please post a follow-up when it arrives!

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
EvEnStEvEn said:
Yeah, I just pulled the trigger. :blush:
I was tempted, but I have several 6.5 maples already, so it would've been an impulse buy simply for the b20 finish, and I can't justify that currently.
Please post a follow-up when it arrives!
I have two 6.5 maples but I did justify it! I'm just that way.

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So tempted but after the total added California sales tax I got scared away. Good thing.

the_dude

Reaction score
Update.
When I bought the drum I decided to have tit shipped to my day job but managed to put my home zip code instead of my work zip code. All the time I've been tracking the drum I never noticed my mistake. :dontknow: :banghead:
So this morning UPS status says:
" The postal code for the receiver is incorrect. We are attempting to obtain correct postal code to complete delivery./ The package will be returned to the sender."
I call Musician's Friend and tell them my mistake and the customer service rep notifies shipping but can't guarantee that shipping will get in touch with UPS in time so if I see that the status shows it's departed the UPS facility and on the way back MF to call and they'll refund the money to my Paypal account or just wait 'til it gets back and they'll refund my $ automatically.
They said they have more in stock if I want to reorder but if it gets sent back I'm just going to let it go.
As much as I'd like the drum I don't feel like the hassle.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
the_dude said:
Update.
When I bought the drum I decided to have tit shipped to my day job but managed to put my home zip code instead of my work zip code. All the time I've been tracking the drum I never noticed my mistake. :dontknow: :banghead:
So this morning UPS status says:
" The postal code for the receiver is incorrect. We are attempting to obtain correct postal code to complete delivery./ The package will be returned to the sender."
I call Musician's Friend and tell them my mistake and the customer service rep notifies shipping but can't guarantee that shipping will get in touch with UPS in time so if I see that the status shows it's departed the UPS facility and on the way back MF to call and they'll refund the money to my Paypal account or just wait 'til it gets back and they'll refund my $ automatically.
They said they have more in stock if I want to reorder but if it gets sent back I'm just going to let it go.
As much as I'd like the drum I don't feel like the hassle.
First sentence is gold... That said, I was not aware that was even possible. Is that an Amazon Prime perk???

the_dude

Reaction score
I'm surprised they ship "tit" anywhere. Usually have to pick that up. Nice catch. I certainly didn't notice that.
Just did a search on amazon for "tit". The only thing that came up was "Disco Tits" by Tove Lo. Not eligible for Amazon Prime apparently. Hope this helps. ;-)

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Since you talked to MF, can't they make a note to re-ship it if it gets sent back to them? Or just go ahead and send you another one?

the_dude

Reaction score
That's what I thought they would do.
The customer service rep said that since I paid with Paypal that Paypal doesn' allow them to do either of those things. I don't know if that's true or not but I don't want to take the time to contact Paypal and find out. It's just not worth my time as far as I'm concerned. I just wanted to purchase the drum and have it arrive.
Years ago I bought a Catalina Jazz kit from MF that arrived with a cracked BD hoop and they had me ship the whole thing back. I expected that they would send me a replacement kit so I waited and waited. Finally I called them and found out that they cancelled the order which I DID NOT ask them to do.
This was the first time I've ordered from them since then.
In contrast to that I once bought a Mapex M kit from Sweetwater on ebay that arrived with a cracked BD hoop and they sent me a replacement with no questions asked.
Even though the zip code thing is definitely my error maybe things with MF and myself are pre-ordained not to work out.