Portable Fan Recommendation

larrydrums

Reaction score
I need to update the portable fan I use at shows - looking for a recommendation .... what's best out there and what are folks using? I have some upcoming outdoor shows (here in NC) and I want a powerful fan to bring along - thanks!

jaymandude

Reaction score
Have you looked at Vornado ? Great company, they recently hooked me up after my last fan stopped working after 18 (!!!! ) years

Maybe more expensive but quality stuff https://www.vornado.com/home

mpungercar

Reaction score
I've used both the Vornado/Honeywell circular type and the Lasco type, and there's absolutely no comparison. The Lasco type fan moves WAY more air.

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Another fan of the Lasco type fan!(my fan is yellow. Forgot what brand but same as Lasco) Powerful, adjustable, and the 2 outlets are a big plus.
Mine is yellow too. It’s a Stanley. It looks like the same exact fan as Lasko just a different color and name on it. It’s crazy how much air it moves and how quiet it is.

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
To me, portable means no plug and you can take it anywhere, like down on the beach or to the woods where there’s no power outlet.

I haven’t bought this one yet but it’s been calling to me for awhile. They also make one that mists if you want that when you’re not behind the kit.

geek fan

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Started using one of these this year. Works great! No cord and even the small 2Ah battery lasts hours.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Portable fans? Didn't they used to be called groupies?

Reactions: CSR

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I use these Lasco fans. Available at Home Depot/Lowes.

View attachment 453726
I have the same thing only an older model and I really like that thing. It goes to every gig indoors or out. The fan inside is called a squirrel cage fan; they are a lot more efficient than a standard fan blade.

At indoor gigs I'll set it off to one side and direct it over the band at most gigs or closer to me on extra large stages. It keep the air moving and eliminates stale air. Out doors on hot days, it's placed next to me or behind me. They are compact and easy to pack.

sherm

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I have two of the Honeywell fans that thin shell linked. I set one between my bass drum pedal and floor tom and the other just left of my hi hat, so I get the breeze "in stereo." They work quite well and fit inside my SKB golf case I use for my hardware.

Latest posts