header.nohb.html

Porter and Davies working w/ roc N Soc nitro?

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
anybody knows if the Porter and Davies Gigster would work with a nitro base? Maybe by switching the Roc n soc mounting bracket?

I REALLy want to try it but I share the throne in my band with another dude who's 6 inches taller than me. We need the nitro to keep the changes quick. I don't think screwing/unscrewing the top would be feasible either, with the cord just getting tangled up around the base...

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the way the Nitro seat top connects to the base or where the lever is attached, but their web site reads...

"our thrones will accommodate 7/8″ diameter throne bases as used by Gibraltar, Roc N Soc, Yamaha, DW, Tama, Pearl, Ludwig, Premier, Custom Percussion, and others
PLEASE NOTE: Custom throne tops built to accept backrests and / or pneumatic (air lift) mounting brackets are available on request."

So I was going to guess it would work fine then I saw Florian's post so it's seems even better! You can reach out to the guys at [email protected] or Dil directly at [email protected] to just double check.

I tell every drummer that ask about the thrown (and they all do) it's the most ridiculously insane drum purchase I have ever made and would do it again tomorrow! Ive been on one for a little over 5 years now.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the way the Nitro seat top connects to the base or where the lever is attached, but their web site reads...

"our thrones will accommodate 7/8″ diameter throne bases as used by Gibraltar, Roc N Soc, Yamaha, DW, Tama, Pearl, Ludwig, Premier, Custom Percussion, and others
PLEASE NOTE: Custom throne tops built to accept backrests and / or pneumatic (air lift) mounting brackets are available on request."

So I was going to guess it would work fine then I saw Florian's post so it's seems even better! You can reach out to the guys at [email protected] or Dil directly at [email protected] to just double check.

I tell every drummer that ask about the thrown (and they all do) it's the most ridiculously insane drum purchase I have ever made and would do it again tomorrow! Ive been on one for a little over 5 years now.
Well I ordered thru a local shop that had a unit in stock. I have a nitro seat, so if for some reason the P&D seat doesn't work with the pneumatic, maybe I can just switch the mounting brackets...

I have been on the fence about this for a good while, but I have a crazy touring schedule for next fall so I want to get max comfort if I can...

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered thru a local shop that had a unit in stock. I have a nitro seat, so if for some reason the P&D seat doesn't work with the pneumatic, maybe I can just switch the mounting brackets...

I have been on the fence about this for a good while, but I have a crazy touring schedule for next fall so I want to get max comfort if I can...
Will be looking forward to your thoughts and reviews. They are not for everyone and some just don't like them at all... but the people that use them cant imagine not having them.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had P&D attach mine to my Tama hydraulic base. It works perfectly. Absolutely hate playing without mine now

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm sure it attaches ok, but can you actuate the up/down movement ?
Yep! Fully functional. Able to take the seat off, adjust height just like normal.

20220319_164545.jpg

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I got out this morning, off to a 5 gigs stretch and my dang P&D system showed on my doorstep just an hour and a half AFTER I was gone!!!
received_577041307396024.jpeg

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Have it overnighted to your gig !!!
Not sure I'm willing to risk it arriving late and having to manage another shipping arrangement while I'm in between cities... These days shipping is not the shureshot it once was.!

I get back home next tuesday and we play again wednesday, friday, saturday so I'll get to try it then... It's just mildly triggering my anger that I missed it by so little... Tracking info only said "in transit" without ETA. But well it's home, safe...

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Today I got to test drive the Gigster... And yeah well it works as advertised. It is great to have some bodily feedback while playing (I put both of my toms and the kick in...) But how is it different from any butt kicker system, aside from portability and a bit more tweakability? Don't get me wrong, it compliments some in-ears monitoring really well and it will be a keeper from now on. But don't get fooled by the marketing buzzwords, it does exactly what a butt kicker does. Although you can dial in the frequency, length and intensity of the kickin'... A nice adition for sure, but would be nicer at half the price. One of the chief local techs runs a backline company and told me he had a LOT of demand for this and asked me if I'd be willing to rent it... Might be an option for the down time (of wich there won't be much before december...)
20220817_145154_HDR.jpg

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Today I got to test drive the Gigster... And yeah well it works as advertised. It is great to have some bodily feedback while playing (I put both of my toms and the kick in...) But how is it different from any butt kicker system, aside from portability and a bit more tweakability? Don't get me wrong, it compliments some in-ears monitoring really well and it will be a keeper from now on. But don't get fooled by the marketing buzzwords, it does exactly what a butt kicker does. Although you can dial in the frequency, length and intensity of the kickin'... A nice adition for sure, but would be nicer at half the price. One of the chief local techs runs a backline company and told me he had a LOT of demand for this and asked me if I'd be willing to rent it... Might be an option for the down time (of wich there won't be much before december...) View attachment 578353
Its different.

“Although you can dial in the frequency, length and intensity of the kickin”

This mostly. And that it reacts much better on nuances, and more directly because its part of tue throne and not attatched to the bottom of the throne or even worse the base.

And then there is the protability factor ass you mentioned too. The weight advantage is indeed very big.

I have gone back and forth between the P&D and the regular Buttkicker and chose the first (if for a good price) any day.