Possibly trading my Pre-serial Ludwig Blue Oyster Peal Super Classics for something similar in 20" 12" 14" or 18" 12" 14" Clubdates etc.

SeanBonham

Reaction score
I restored these a while back. They are in great shape. Pre Serial Blue Oyster Pearl 22" 13" 16" Toms have original natural interior, kick is original painted interior. This kit came together and I believe it was ordered that way.
Original wrap and original edges are in very good shape. A few little bumps and nicks in the wrap. Some of the lugs have very slight pitting. Bass drum had a crack in the wrap and some small holes patched / repaired with great success. All COB hoops, correct tension rods and hardware. No mufflers are installed, I used some nice hex heads to fill the original holes. No modifications to the shells have been made. I put new p1216s on the spurs. The floor tom legs are not Ludwig, but those are easy to find. All polished up very well. I wouldn't say these are show pieces, but very nice.

I have just come to the conclusion that I am more of a small drum guy. Looking to trade for something similar in 20" 12" 14" or 18" 12" 14" Clubdates, maybe Rogers.
I am pretty OCD with my drums so I would only entertain equal offers. No rewraps, or damaged shells. Open to all finishes other than silver sparkle. Already have some Slingerlands in that finish.

zpFNgKkeTy62Aclb+u0GtQ by seanbonham69, on Flickr
LRqtszBFSFSpyxUC4gMy0Q by seanbonham69, on Flickr
uj8eWRjgRp2oiRKJd9zgCQ by seanbonham69, on Flickr
h5SIzDakTP686e1Ulf8phg by seanbonham69, on Flickr
lqI7Kd2ISKODbBQXk582sQ by seanbonham69, on Flickr
frj2UTLXRNaKgpgazR8iEA by seanbonham69, on Flickr
Fc3a3B3PS5CfG9J2YxOGDA by seanbonham69, on Flickr
Y+FK3X56TBOnSWXh3m3pDQ by seanbonham69, on Flickr
IMG_3241 by seanbonham69, on Flickr
IMG_3240 by seanbonham69, on Flickr
IMG_3239 by seanbonham69, on Flickr

Last edited:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sean, I'll wager that you are going to regret selling/swapping that kit - "small drum guy" or not. Your current kit will cover any genre you want to play. And you probably don't have a ton of money in them. Keep them for the majority of your playing.

If you are convinced that you can't live without a smaller kit, they're not hard to find, new or used. Test the small drum waters by going in deep with the 18" bass drum. You're going to be able to gauge your true interest once you have a chance to live with the little drums for a while. In the meantime, hang on to your "big" kit.

GeeDeeEmm

SeanBonham

Reaction score
Sean, I'll wager that you are going to regret selling/swapping that kit - "small drum guy" or not. Your current kit will cover any genre you want to play. And you probably don't have a ton of money in them. Keep them for the majority of your playing.

If you are convinced that you can't live without a smaller kit, they're not hard to find, new or used. Test the small drum waters by going in deep with the 18" bass drum. You're going to be able to gauge your true interest once you have a chance to live with the little drums for a while. In the meantime, hang on to your "big" kit.

GeeDeeEmm
I guess I should have mentioned I have plenty of drum kits. I have a WW2 era Radio King kit with a 28” kick drum. A 1966 Slingerland kit with a 20” kick. A Precision Drum Company kit with a 24” kick and a little Yamaha Stage Custom kit with a 18” kick. I have a wide range covered without my Ludwig kit. I am not a noob in this drum world.

Latest posts