Post deleted??

pedro navahas

DFO Master
Reaction score
Got a message saying my post about the Acrolite got deleted, reason??
No mentioning of sales outside of the classifieds!
I said in jest “ maybe I should trade my Gretsch 10 lug for an Acrolite”, absurd!

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I said in jest “ maybe I should trade my Gretsch 10 lug for an Acrolite”, absurd!
Dont know, where was it posted ?

zenstat

Reaction score
Here in the General section. The thread was titled “praise for the Acrolite “
This thread?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew you were kidding and there is an acrolite across the street from me been there for 5 years. going on 6.

pedro navahas

DFO Master
Reaction score
This thread?

Yes

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
'No mentioning of sales outside the classifieds'. Wouldn't that constitute a move of the post to maybe 'Swap Shop' then? Why a deletion? Who knows.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't delete it but I did see the post. Just to be clear it was a post deleted and not the entire topic. We do try to delete posts mentioning sales outside of the sale section or move the entire post if it's a topic for sale. This was just an off the cuff remark in a topic otherwise just with good information about acrolites so only the post was deleted.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
'No mentioning of sales outside the classifieds'. Wouldn't that constitute a move of the post to maybe 'Swap Shop' then? Why a deletion? Who knows.
There use to be a "Sticky" in the general section mentioning to use the Market place but the sticky section was approaching a page long and we cleaned up. I probably "unstuck it" (Is that the correct term? :) ) thinking everyone knew to use the market place. Really the main reason is keeping the forum organized and also so that new members without 50 posts don't attempt make sales. Really not that big of deal unless someone continues to post outside of the market section it's just an fyi to use the market place for sales.

Thanks

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
You actually followed that up with
“Anyone interested?”

So we just remove anything like that posted outside the classifieds. If you want to start a swap thread you can. But complaining publicly is never helpful, just send a PM or post report to the staff.