Post your cats!

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dearly miss Shaq, my 23-pound Norwegian Forest Cat. It's probably been a decade since he passed.

With that said, I'll never have another animal that craps in a box in my house.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hnoðri - half Persian

FFF31F5C-286F-4EC1-8FEC-9D76313049D1.jpeg

Hneta - Himalayan Persian

D29576F4-89E2-4BDB-BB94-7069988A7A84.jpeg

bjornk

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
9C65569B-7799-49D5-B8FB-BDA90518FB57.jpeg

Our cat Pip Pip. We had three a year ago but two had do be put down because of sickness. She`s 12 years old.

hsosdrum

Reaction score
I still miss the late, great Guhdee, who passed 19 years ago.

Hyam and Guhdee.jpg

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
When it comes to monsters under the bed, it's important to remember that, as with any animal, habitat is king. Have to have access to food, shelter, and love.

So I took the precaution of preinstalling a monster at my son's bed. One that is well fed and loves him. Voila. We already have one furred/fanged creature with stealth fur and night vision. This prime but of real estate is claimed, so the other monsters avoid it.

Attachments

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would love to have a Bengal cat. Can't afford $3000 for one, though.

This may be worth a look. There are purebreds on there that people give away because they don't realize the Bengal is a little more difficult and demanding than a regular cat.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score

This may be worth a look. There are purebreds on there that people give away because they don't realize the Bengal is a little more difficult and demanding than a regular cat.
How diffiicult and demanding is a Bengal?

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
"If you have to ask..." :cool:

Actually, Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson is a devotee of them and writes about them here.

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have two. I've had two previously as well. Also owned a handful of regular domestic cats prior to that. They typically bond with one person in the house more than everyone else; will not be stopped being up high (counters, all shelves, top of doors, really); very energetic compared to typical house cat-(they play very hard!), more nocturnal, they bore very easily then will get into things/need constant stimulation, gets depressed if you are not around like a dog, etc. They are very manageable, but if you are gone a lot and don't spend 30-60 dedicated minutes a day with them, they can go into a funk. One of my Bengals will run away from me for several days upon return if I leave on a trip longer than two weeks. It's like they code back to "wild".

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have two. I've had two previously as well. Also owned a handful of regular domestic cats prior to that. They typically bond with one person in the house more than everyone else; will not be stopped being up high (counters, all shelves, top of doors, really); very energetic compared to typical house cat-(they play very hard!), more nocturnal, they bore very easily then will get into things/need constant stimulation, gets depressed if you are not around like a dog, etc. They are very manageable, but if you are gone a lot and don't spend 30-60 dedicated minutes a day with them, they can go into a funk. One of my Bengals will run away from me for several days upon return if I leave on a trip longer than two weeks. It's like they code back to "wild".
One would not work for me, since I live alone and am gone at least half the day.

My 14 year old Maine Coon that I've had for 12 years fits my lifestyle just fine.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
We actually had a line on a MC mix - but my wife just couldn't get past the long hair bit. Her fur was more like normal longhair without the crazy long tufts on the ears/paws that Maine Coons usually have.