Post your drumming thread...

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Cool thread!

1981 - 18 years old in the film “Rock in Reykjavik”:

1986 - first time in front of 80.000 people with a very popular artist, Bubbi Morthens in Iceland:

2006 - from an arena concert with the same artist, live on TV:

2013 - Live concert with composer Hallur Ingólfsson:

January 2020 - performing with Japanese artist Natsuki Tamura and American/French dancer Amon Bey:

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cute little thing my collective trio Simple City did a couple years ago. The record that this session is from is finally coming out this week.

Tune from a quintet I work with regularly from our record release hit last year. Whole thing is in 12/8 but with different phrase lengths layered on top.

Nice job on both bro!

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not sure if there is a thread like this already, but I saw this in another forum as a way to better get to know each other. It interesting to see each other’s gear and views on drums or music but even better to connect the dots and show each other’s personal playing and style. Post practice clips, performance clips, recordings, whatever you want so we can put playing and a face to the screen name.
http://instagr.am/p/B7TnSt1ASwW/ http://instagr.am/p/B5UPTyGAPYU/ http://instagr.am/p/B5lUxWzgRE4/
I think this is great! It should go even further by each person having their own thread. I've wondered why we don't have that here. I belong to a truck forum and we have it there. On the truck forum their is a sticky on the main forum page and within that sticky you make your own personal thread where anyone can see your build and anything related to it. Here it would be great to see each persons gear and what they buy and add as they go along. And of course to be able to hear them as well. I wonder if the moderators would consider something like this?

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Found a couple more good clips of the old band, this was one of our very last shows I think. Lead singer/front man never wanted to put in the work on learning new material, so he brought in a third soloist to fill time instead (who was great, but it woulda been much better to let the band go forward as we were developing instead) he had set out to make a kinda funky blues-rock band, but it turned out that we were a really great almost straight blues band. You can hear tempos push (hard) during the solos but everybody stays dead on together.

Rufus T Firefly

Reaction score
This is my band, the Avenue Blues Band out of Lafayette, IN. It's an originals band. For those of you that know of Jeremy Camp, the lead singer is his dad Tom and the girl singing backup is Jeremy's sister April. This is from our last gig before covid-19. February 22nd.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Latest posts