Post your Rarest Snare!!

Drumjinx

Drum manufacturer
Reaction score
antipodes said:
I've got what I'd describe as a Geo. Way/Camco transition COB 14" x 5" snare. Camco Oaklawn badge (before they started putting USA on it) with a snare strainer showing remants of the Geo. Way style strainer - and in mint condition save for a tiny scratch.
Dang....that is one sweet snare!

cruddyeye

Associate in Charge of Something
Reaction score
I love those high end Premiers! One of these days, I'm gonna own a Royal Ace. That marching drum has the most amazing rims and hardware for it's age.

bcarey13

Team Bonham
Reaction score
jptrickster said:
Hard to believe it's rare but apparently not many were made and even fewer have survived.
It's also my go to.
sigh......I miss mine, but it went to a great home.....and I did really well in a trade

Powertone

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, this is an old thread. Since my last posts a year or two ago, this would be my latest addition and my rarest snare. Prototype DynaSonic from Joe Thompson's work bench. 8 lugs and offset handmade snare frame.

mattmalloy66

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Powertone,
Isn't that beyond rare, and actually one of a kind?
In any case, that is the only Rogers snare I have seen lately, that I am jealous of.
That is awesome.

W

wayne

Mapex US Maple..7x14 natural maple finish in near mint cond. One of only 300 made wordwide with the kits..VERY rare, and little known about the brief period in history.

Drum Play

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My rarest..47 Broadway..
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:5438]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:5438]

Powertone

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Matt M. said:
Powertone,
Isn't that beyond rare, and actually one of a kind?
In any case, that is the only Rogers snare I have seen lately, that I am jealous of.
That is awesome.
Thanks Matt. That may be the last drum I add to my Rogers collection!

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
Well, since according to Mendozart this is supposed to be the only Blaemire snare of this color I guess I'll go with this. It was supposed to be white but some green was mixed in with it.

Attachments

drumetrics

Reaction score
Gotta 60's Meazzi President Snare that has all Original internal Microphone and Trigger Damper with 1/4" cable attached. Original finish wrap which is
Silver and Black. Even both Heads are made by Meazzi. No need for mic'n the snare-lol (100% Factory) **Note there is a black Cloth cover you can see on the edge of the bottom Trigger/Muffler** I ripped it and pulled it down to show the trigger. But its still attached with factory metal zip sealer.

Attachments

stopsign70

Reaction score
great! does it work still? do you vave more images? or a video where you play it?

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang
Reaction score
That is the COOLEST! Never seen one of those before. Wow... also very interested in how it sounds!

Mike W

Reaction score
This is a 7x14 stave snare by Wittman Stave Drums...There is only 1 known to exist, I'd say that's pretty rare.

Attachments

drumedge

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
ALL beautiful snare drums here! I still feel that we need a snare drum thread :icon_smile: Mine is this dirty but killer sounding 1965 Rogers Wine Red Ripple Powertone...

DSC00922.jpg