Posted in error

TPC

Reaction score
21 Light Dark Ride
Good call. I have one and they are no joke. But ...

“Due to public outcry, we’ve recreated a version of the classic Sound Creation Dark Ride in a medium-thin weight. The SC Dark Light Ride.”

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm liking the sentiment of "Return of the Sound Formula" as I'd like another crack at picking up a couple of those funky Short Crashes.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
"Dear Customers, Fans and Employees Of Paiste Cymbals : We've been bought by Avedis Zildjian Co. USA. Nothing will change we will just lose our unusual color and come down a bit in pitch. Thank you for supporting us all these years. signed your friends in Nottwil".

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
“Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we at Paiste have decided to start a drummers stimulous package and will be shipping out-free of charge, one full set of our popular lines to each and every drummer worldwide sitting on the sidelines in expectation of gigs to come. Please contact your local Paiste retailer via email for details.”

Reactions: JDA

clockworkorange

Reaction score
I would like to see them set up a manufacturing facility in Brea, California... I know there's guys in Switzerland that would love to live in sunny Cali. :)

332a.jpg

dje31

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would like to see them set up a manufacturing facility in Brea, California... I know there's guys in Switzerland that would love to live in sunny Cali. :)

View attachment 440895
People already complain that they're expensive...what do you think setting up shop---a manufacturing operation, no less---in SoCal is going to do to their pricing?

Here's a reasonable idea: "You can order (virtually) any discontinued model in our catalog for a mere 10% surcharge."

Which would drive some demand in a flagging MIA industry, in already tough economic times. I think full custom orders are, what? 30% above normal? Keep those as they are. For recreations of models they already know how to produce, that should be a bit less effort on their part.

clockworkorange

Reaction score
Make America Great Again. :)

Bring Paiste to the US of A! LOL
758.jpg

Made in America would avoid the tariffs on EU goods entering America. :)

dje31

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Then pick a business-friendly state, preferably with no state income tax, minimal union presence.

Florida would be a reasonable alternative to SoCal. On average, 1000 people / day move to the state, for better or worse.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
"Dear Customers, Fans and Employees Of Paiste Cymbals : We've been bought by Avedis Zildjian Co. USA. Nothing will change we will just lose our unusual color and come down a bit in pitch. Thank you for supporting us all these years. signed your friends in Nottwil".
Oh, and every cymbal now will be...."unique". :)

Dan

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
...and be as much of a pain in the ass to match up with other cymbals as Zildjian or Sabians are now. :)
Z still owns the "enigmatic" prize, by far. They make great cymbals, but let plenty out into the wild that sound more like hitting a brake drum than a cymbal.
Of course, just my opinion...I could be wrong. :)

Dan