Practice amp

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
kplante said:
So after getting my Effects pedal I've spent more time playing guitar and I'm finding that my Peavey Classic VTX is pretty loud. Being a tube amp I'm not able to play it loud enough to get a good tone out of it. Would a Solid State, Lower wattage amp work better?
Theres a nice little 15W tube amp on the market that's marketed under the "Monoprice" moniker.
Inexpensive with a nice sound (EL84's!), it features the ability to be switched from the full 15W to 1W for quieter practice.
Check it out...

[media]
[/media]

...and the full 15 watts heard here, I believe...

[media]
[/media]

Elvis

Last edited by a moderator:

kplante

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That Monoprice is pretty cool! It's funny, I've watched so many videos of amps. All different kinds. One thing I've realized is I just don't like the sound of Fender Amp for the most part. I can see why someone would like it but it's not for me lol. I went on a journey to no where on getting the Peavey working properly. I did fid a Valve Jr to add to the collection. It works great with the Digitech RP-500 for low volumes. Like I really need another obsession to spend money on lol :headbang:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
kplante said:
That Monoprice is pretty cool! It's funny, I've watched so many videos of amps. All different kinds. One thing I've realized is I just don't like the sound of Fender Amp for the most part. I can see why someone would like it but it's not for me lol. I went on a journey to no where on getting the Peavey working properly. I did fid a Valve Jr to add to the collection. It works great with the Digitech RP-500 for low volumes. Like I really need another obsession to spend money on lol :headbang:
Good thing the Monoprice isn't a Fender amp! ( :laughing5: )
Glad you found something that works for you.

Elvis

Latest posts