praising the new Classic Maple's

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've done a handful of gigs now with the new CM's, and just have to say they are simply beautiful and by far the best drum set I have ever owned. The tone, the feel, it's just all there. I can't believe how good the snare drum sounds. And I'm very happy I decided on the Downbeat configuration. For what I'm doing these days it's the perfect size.
Here are a few pics from last weekend, with my son there to help me at load out!

Anyway, just wanted to share. Wishing all my DFO brothers and sisters a happy 4th.
Stay safe, and my all means stay hydrated!

Attachments

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I absolutely love the vintage build out you opted to go with. I'd be interested to hear what style(s) of music you play since I go back and forth as to whether the Downbeat or Fab 22 would be the best all around option for a 4-piece kit.

andlours

Reaction score
What drums have you owned in the past? Just curious to see what the CMs are beating out.

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
thanks cochlea - I have three groups currently, all in the "classic rock" category, yet still very different styles.
I was originally convinced I would go with the 22/13/16 config, but since I already owned an Eames set in those
sizes, I started to re-evaluate my needs and ultimately decided on the 20/12/14. I was hesitant at first, but
in discussing with Steve he assured me the downbeats would do the job, and he was right!
I also find that with a 20" bass drum, the high tom is at the perfect height for me.

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
andlours said:
What drums have you owned in the past? Just curious to see what the CMs are beating out.
Rogers, Sonor (phonics) Slingerland, Eames
I honestly like them all, but these Ludwig's just stand out for me now

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There's something about Red Sparkle Ludwigs that gets me every time. And I also love the vintage build out. Fantastic looking set.

DrumR69

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes that is a beautiful set and love the Red also.
I have the Fab 22/13/16/6.5x14 in Champagne.
Great kit, enjoy.

Wayne

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Beautiful kit! Love the matching snare as well.. I just recently ordered a CM kick drum to match two red sparkle toms I already own. I decided to go 16x20 for something different but my toms are 12 and 14 also. I can't wait for it to get here.. enjoy those drums! And having your son at the gig has to be a thrill even without the load out help!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What a nice kit, glad it's found the right mate in your ownership. And nothing better than sharing a little music moment with your kids! Happy 4th to you!

Salem street drums

DFO Sponsor
Reaction score
I love my CMs. I have had mine a little over a week....one of the nicest kits Ive ever owned. In the past I heard horror stories about ludwigs quality control, but I took a chance and mine are perfect!!!

TomR

Reaction score
Good to hear how pleased you are with your new Luddies. My CM kit is the same configuration as yours, but has the Dunnett rail mount and is in champagne sparkle. I did a two-nighter last weekend in a small venue and just loved the way the drums sound. I love all of my kits (Jenkins-Martin, Tempus, Ludwig Classic Birch, Baltimore maple, Tama bop), but I agree there's something a little extra special about the CMs.

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you like your new CM's. The Classic Maples are a great value today compared with some of the other pro level kits out there. They have a ton of finish and hardware options and owners seem very happy with them. Ultimately they have to sound good and Ludwig has always delivered in that area.

Latest posts