pre serial 20" Paiste 602 med. ride

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have one of the reissue 602 20" medium rides,,,, I wouldn't use it for every gig but for the right gigs its brilliant,,,,I'll be keeping mine, a great option to have in the cymbal bag.
Lots of folks reckon the reissue is every bit as good as the vintage ones,,, cant confirm this personally,,, any one else ?

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cymbal sounds excellent, and the phone picked up your kit very well. Sounds great!
That isn't by the Keemah boardwalk, S of Houston, is it?

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
I have one of the reissue 602 20" medium rides,,,, I wouldn't use it for every gig but for the right gigs its brilliant,,,,I'll be keeping mine, a great option to have in the cymbal bag.
Lots of folks reckon the reissue is every bit as good as the vintage ones,,, cant confirm this personally,,, any one else ?
I've got a bunch of vintage ones, and the modern one I owned (24" MEDIUM RIDE 4000g) and others I've played fit in just fine. I only sold that one because a vintage 3205g 24" showed up and kicked the heavy one off the stand - I don't need that kind of volume in my dining-room-playing-for-my-dogs gigs.

Sonically, I've played vintage examples that sounded more different from each other than from these modern ones. While I'd love to see some weirder sizes & weights, these are worthy of being considered a "continuation" as opposed to a "reissue".

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh wow. I wasn't even close. It looks like you're playing in front of a giant palm tree.
I was up in that neck of the woods this past weekend.
Anyway, I can't get over how nice your kit sounds. Killer vocals as well.
What do you have set up? (besides the 602)