Premier experts, a question.

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What sizes of snare were offered in the Signia Marquis line? ( note- as was pointed out to me, the drum in question is not a Marquis)

I know someone here knows. Thanks!

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Sounds like someone's trying to determine whether he's being ripped off or not.

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone's trying to determine whether he's being ripped off or not.
Kinda. I bought a Signia snare yesterday ( 7x14, cherry finish) from Guitar Center. They had it listed as a 6x14. I was pretty sure it was a 7” shell. But my eyes aren’t always right.

I can’t pick it up until Thursday due to a local ordinance or I’d post a photo. It needs some TLC; chrome is filthy, the bolts holding the lugs look like they have salt air damage, and it needs a new reso and snare wires. Edges and shell are in really good shape. One mark on the side of the shell. The batter hoop is aftermarket but appears to be an upgrade. It looks like a single flange that would be on a bell bronze snare except it’s been powder coated burgundy to match the shell.

I tuned it up and it sounded fantastic. Not a collector’s piece but one of the best players I will have in my collection. Got it for $136 out the door.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Wow!
I paid almost that much for my Cabria snare drum in 2001 and I thought I was getting a deal back then!
At a listed "6" inches, it might be 14x5.5, too....either way, sounds like you're getting a pretty sweet deal.
If ever wanna do an "upgrade", those snare drum came with wood hoops, too.....

1579060296989.png

...:thumbup:

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow!
I paid almost that much for my Cabria snare drum in 2001 and I thought I was getting a deal back then!
At a listed "6" inches, it might be 14x5.5, too....either way, sounds like you're getting a pretty sweet deal.

View attachment 423458

It's definitely a 7 x 14....still have to wait until tomorrow so it's cleared for me to take ownership of.

I had a wood hoop model exactly like the picture but I sold it about 12 years ago. Beautiful drum in looks and sound. I usually am not a fan of gold colored hardware but that's just classy.

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow!

View attachment 423458

Thing is that you need the metal spacers under the lugs to make this set up work with a non-wood hoop Signia snare. I believe they’re essentially the spacers used on the bass drum lugs.

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just picked it up, going to use it rehearsal tonight and then it gets taken apart and cleaned.....

Anybody recognize the batter hoop? Maybe it’s cast aluminum or something?

Attachments

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
Just picked it up, going to use it rehearsal tonight and then it gets taken apart and cleaned.....

Anybody recognize the batter hoop? Maybe it’s cast aluminum or something?
Yes, cast aluminum , they used them on parade snares . Some were twelve lug .

Latest posts