Premier Genista (English Made) Love........?

Brazosrebel

Reaction score
I'm still looking for a set of 90's Genistas if anyone decides to part with theirs. Made the mistake of selling mine years ago and I've regretted it ever since.

JRS2019

Reaction score
Premier Drums, Birch Hand made in England , Amazing sound, For Sale

JRS2019

Reaction score
1995 Genista, Birch for sale, 6 piece kit , hardware, various cymbals.

JRS2019

Reaction score
I love these Premier threads. I own and have owned a few Premiers.
The only one I did not like was an early GC year when they started up in NJ and I bought an Astria or a Vitria kit in a "one off" natural birch finish, new, for $499. I could never get them to sing, even when adding Rims Mounts, so I sold them. But my APK kit, XPK kit, classic birch, artist heritage clubdate pancake kit, and my 1969-70 mahogany kit all sing and have great tone. IMHO
Keep them pics coming !! ;-) :)
They are amazing, I can no longer play, I guess I'm looking at selling

JRS2019

Reaction score
Yamaha was out of Premier by the time of the Genestas. They were out by the time of the Signias as well. Tony Doughty's leadership of Premier gave us both.
It is spelled Genista, they are English made. Made in 1995 in England . Hand made. Killer drums

JRS2019

Reaction score
I was working with a band when they got signed to Atlantic (doing live sound).. the drummer got a Premier endorsement and they gave him Signias. I heard them and never forgot how they sounded. When I got back into drumming - I looked for a set immediately.
Awesome, those are Maple

JRS2019

Reaction score
The first time I tried some of the then-new UK Premier Signias and Genistas when I was in school in the mid-'90s, my mind was blown. It was maybe the only such experience I've had hearing a drum set in total.

There are other drums/brands I like just as much for different reasons, and I don't really gravitate toward that Signia/Genista sound right now. However, I can still easily recall the sensory experience; these drums just sounded like they were operating surpassingly on every level that we expect of modern, high-end drums: BIG sound, clean sound, beautiful tonal qualities (nothing ugly at all), lots of resonance, lots of sustain, and easily tunable with a huge tuning range. In a way, they sounded to me in person almost like hearing a great drum recording. And the construction and materials were obviously top-shelf.

You can say some of these things about many drums, of course, but there was just something about those drums that was different. I think it had to do with that undersized shell and how clean and resonant a tone it produced.

As far as modern drums go, while there are obviously many fantastic drums out there, I haven't heard anything since that has given me that degree of wow factor.
Have a set of 1995 birch for sale, no longer can play

JRS2019

Reaction score
That was the PREMIER factory in England, which was owned for around 5 years by Yamaha.

I had those Genista's set up right next to 2 of my Sakae Yamaha Recording Customs.. and the Genista's sounded better than both. It's a no-brainer when you see that heavy duty under-sizing on the English shells..
Yes, 1995, they were made one year.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, 94 or 95 can't remember Genista 8x10,8x12,14x14 floor 16x20 bass and 6x14 snare in ermine white. Best birch kit out there IMHO
I see you are a man of exquisite taste. That’s the exact configuration and finish I would buy, if I could find it.