Premier Genista (English Made) Love........?

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I know for a fact the birch used in the Artist series wasn’t the same Finnish birch they sourced for the Genista. One would have to assume a similar situation for the Artist maple. I’ve never heard anything about Premier loosing the eucalyptus supplier, they kept using eucalyptus in the MKI Cabria after the Artist series was introduced.
I read about Premier losing that supplier on the net around the time Cabria construction went overseas.
I forget if I wrote to Premier and asked them or if it was part of an announcement I found somewhere, but I do remember that.
Interesting about the Artist series drums.
I figured, since the layup was the same as the Genista and Marquis, but that's cool.
Thanks for your help. =)

Elvis

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
This set is still for sale. Looks beautiful. Probably talk them down as its been posted for over a week.

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Was it Midwest Percussion when they moved to Harlem Ave off 95th street (Chicago)? If so, you may have sold me my Genistas (that is still have)
Nope, first it was The Instrument Exchange in Batavia then the Villa Park Guitar Center.

Nice kit! Looks like you’ve got all standard depth toms which are pretty tough to come by.

DonMac

Reaction score
Nope, first it was The Instrument Exchange in Batavia then the Villa Park Guitar Center.

Nice kit! Looks like you’ve got all standard depth toms which are pretty tough to come by.
Yeah. I didn’t want the ‘power tom’ depth. I just remember the sales guy calling them that. I had to get the kit in a Saturn coup at the time.
im still kicking myself for it picking up the 8” rack Tom. I’ll forever be looking for it. saw one on reverb in a different color and with a 10” they won’t split.